2020 Free Agency

Lionized

4 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Not a bad move with Ragland but still... I'm dying for some legit Oline love.

I really want Cordy Glenn. I think he could play multiple positions on our line at a probowl level. I know he's not a spring chicken but imo he's the best linemen available right now and we've got a gapping hole at RG right now, or LG, which ever... Glenn can walk and do more than just plug the hole up. 

Maybe he wants a boat load of cash but this is a move Lions can make, cheaply, and get soooooo much better as a team with just one person. It's like a huge ripple effect. Upgrade the Oline upgrades the Qb play which upgrades the WR/TEs/RBs. The line also upgrades the running game making RB's better, controlling clock and the game. Idk. It's just such a huge important part of the game to me, for the life of me I can't figure out why these guys are ignoring the position essentially for 2 years now. 

Yeah I like Cordy Glenn as well. I think Big V may be our RG when the season begins. Just a feeling. Glenn is still pretty young for an OT as well (30). Sign him and let him battle with Crosby for RT as both have the ability to play both OT spots.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

His size and skill set seem to fit that roll better.  He attacks, is not great in coverage, and isnt super fast.  I think this team likes tavai in the middle, and dont see why we would keep RR, JD, and JT if all are expected to be MLB, unless we go to a more traditional 3-4 type D, which I dont think is the case.  So My guess is they will move these guys around to find a spot that best suits them. 

If they kept Kennard, Lions/Patricia could of really done some solid fronts in that traditional 3-4 set with both Collins/Kennard on the field opposite sides and Ragland/Davis in the middle. That seems like a lost opportunity/vision. Team could of thrown 2 different style defense's with solid front 7's. 

Da'Shawn Hand - Danny Shelton - Nicholas Williams

Jamie Collins - Reggie Ragland - Jarrad Davis - Devon Kennard

Romeo Okwara - Danny Shelton - Nicholas Williams - Trey Flowers

Jamie collins  -  Reggie Ragland  -  Jarrad Davis

52 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It sounds like RR is best when attacking, which means he may be best suited for the Kennard role.  But then again, that is Davis' best skill set too. My guess is they will rotate a lot of LBs and exploit their strengths. 

Actually, I think Ragland is best as a two down LB that can cover short yardage near the line but not a true pass rusher. He’ll blow up plays in that 5-15 yard area. But he’s not a hybrid LB that can cover behind, like we kind of use Killebrew as a LB/S combo. Alabama moved him around a little. Jarrad Davis is more suited as a pin the ears back and attack LB, like we used Kennard. I think Patricia wants versatility and will use many different groups and lineups. As you’ve stated. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

If they kept Kennard, Lions/Patricia could of really done some solid fronts in that traditional 3-4 set with both Collins/Kennard on the field opposite sides and Ragland/Davis in the middle. That seems like a lost opportunity/vision. Team could of thrown 2 different style defense's with solid front 7's. 

I think Tavai will play much more than Davis. Davis IMO is strictly a situational pass rusher.

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

I think this D could be interesting next year and the draft hasn't happened yet.  I'm interested in seeing this product. I think we might be surprised.

I agree. Very versatile defenders.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think we are going to go OT, RB, WR with our first three picks.  Just a hunch. 

Tristan Wirfs- OL( Riley Reiff )

Jonathan Taylor- RB ( Ryan Matthews )

Laviska Shenault- WR ( Anquan Boldin )

This actually wouldn't totally piss me off. Not perfect but not a train wreck. I think all three will be long-term NFL players. People around here will definately want to see defensive players though. It's almost a crime to suggest they're not drafting Simmons or Okudah. 

Simmons won't make me mad. I think there is a shot he has a HOF type career if he's used right and able to move to all three levels on defense(DL/LB/DB). If he can rush the passer, player LB and S above average then yeah, especially in coverage.... I think he's a game changing talent possibly with HOF type career possibilities. I'm not sold on him but dang-it he intrigues the hell out of me. I mean if you plug Simmons in over Kennard in the post above then... It's like holy crap... They're actually getting/becoming crafty here. 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

This actually wouldn't totally piss me off. Not perfect but not a train wreck. I think all three will be long-term NFL players. People around here will definately want to see defensive players though. It's almost a crime to suggest they're not drafting Simmons or Okudah. 

Simmons won't make me mad. I think there is a shot he has a HOF type career if he's used right and able to move to all three levels on defense(DL/LB/DB). If he can rush the passer, player LB and S above average then yeah, especially in coverage.... I think he's a game changing talent possibly with HOF type career possibilities. I'm not sold on him but dang-it he intrigues the hell out of me. I mean if you plug Simmons in over Kennard in the post above then... It's like holy crap... They're actually getting/becoming crafty here. 

If we draft a Riley Reiff at pick 3, I will be irate. I do think Wirfs is better than Reiff though.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I don't love the name associations, but I don't mind the prospects. I had a fear that Quinn might want to trade down and go OT, moving Vaitai to RG. Although I'm not necessarily against that, assuming the trade down compensation allows us to grab other quality prospects, it's not what I (and others) picture as 'ideal' with elite, scheme-fit defensive prospects are sitting there for us.