Star Wars Universe Thread

naptownskinsfan

All the Skywalker films are around the same level for me. 6/8-10. That includes the original trilogy.

ive only really loved The Mandalorian and Rogue One. The Clone Wars show is also pretty good.

if you talk to newer fans, many don’t actually enjoy the original trilogy.

• Like 2

I mean that is me, and most of my friend base. I was born in 1990. The first Star Wars film I saw was The Phantom Menace when I was 9. That being said, I dont know a single person in my personal life who doesn't look at the original trilogy and think those were the best films of the franchise or at the very least enjoy them. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean that is me, and most of my friend base. I was born in 1990. The first Star Wars film I saw was The Phantom Menace when I was 9. That being said, I dont know a single person in my personal life who doesn't look at the original trilogy and think those were the best films of the franchise or at the very least enjoy them. 

yep, that's me. the prequel trilogy is what i grew up on. there was a period in my young childhood where the prequels were all of star wars to me and i was barely even aware of the original trilogy, lol. and though i do have a soft spot for some of the force awakens and most of the last jedi, i broadly think the sequel trilogy was a pretty comprehensive failure. the prequels were terribly made movies with some truly horrendous dialogue, acting etc but in terms of the core material- the story and the world-building- i find them so much more interesting than the sequels. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Exactly the same for me and my friends.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
15 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Exactly the same for me and my friends.

Was thinking the same thing for me.

I mean, are we including people that just don't like Star Wars period? Because I've met lots of people who don't like them. However I usually just remove those people from my life

I am born early 90s, I don't have any friends who like the prequels more than the originals. My gf who I finally got to watch Star Wars this year likes the originals way more than the prequels and sequels. Not sure I've met a single adult that likes the prequels more than the originals. 

28 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I mean, are we including people that just don't like Star Wars period? Because I've met lots of people who don't like them. However I usually just remove those people from my life

I am born early 90s, I don't have any friends who like the prequels more than the originals. My gf who I finally got to watch Star Wars this year likes the originals way more than the prequels and sequels. Not sure I've met a single adult that likes the prequels more than the originals. 

Yeah, his original post was talking about younger fans born in the 80s and 90s.

10 hours ago, theJ said:

If the blast marks from the storm troopers are too precise for sand people, then how inaccurate are sand people?

@Tyty I think I need your thoughts here. 

This stormtroopers can’t aim stuff has to stop.

THEY LET HAN LUKE LEIA ETC ESCAPE THE DEATH STAR!

Of course their aim would be bad.