What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to people talking about football

Bolts223

3 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

100%. Also more recently something that bugged me...

Antonio Brown was suspected to have been misbehaving in Oakland, so he could get onto the Patriots roster.

Fans: "PaTrIoTs hAvE nO mOrAls! sCuMbAgS! tYpIcAl!"

Patriots release Brown.

Antonio Brown was alleged to have sexually assaulted and raped his trainer.

Gets workout by Saints.

Fans: "OMG AMAZING! CAN YOU IMAGINE BREES THROWING TO THOMAS ANNNNND BROWN?!"

It just goes to show the hypocrisy that exists when people talk about the Patriots.

Your whining about other people's whining is equally annoying to their whining.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Anything having to do with confirmation bias. Mostly based on the WOW PACKERS GET ALL THE CALLS BS that I have to hear every week. 

There are only two teams that have shown trends over extended periods of time to get a benefit from the officials. Patriots and Seahawks.

How about every time a team signs a player to a massive contract (setting the market or close to it), always seems like 31 of the other 32 fan bases jump in the thread and say "lmaoooo glad my team didn't pay THAT guy THAT much...i would DEFINITELY not allocate my teams resources like that"!

Yes, there are obvious instances where that's deserved (like Osweiler or something). But it feels like that every time a player is signed now, and it clogs the thread with one fan base having to defend signing a guy against 31 other fan bases, and that comes with extreme hyperbole on both sides usually.

The cap goes up every year. Typically the latest contracts for even above average players set the market. It's how the NFL works, and (most) teams know how to handle their finances better than people on this website lol.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

Just now, lolsurebro said:

This is in a thread asking us a specific question, to which I answered and clarified lol.

Sure, there are various places where I've seen it though. And the meme of people calling the Patriots cheaters has now even spawned Patriots fans complaining about people calling them cheaters as a meme now.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Sure, there are various places where I've seen it though. And the meme of people calling the Patriots cheaters has now even spawned Patriots fans complaining about people calling them cheaters as a meme now.

So you just lumped me in with the rest of 'em because I'm a Patriots fan, lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

So you just lumped me in with the rest of 'em because I'm a Patriots fan, lol.

Regardless, the thread was asking a question, and I'm sure it was geared more specifically towards general argumentative tropes, rather than what effects solely the fan base of the team the individual answering happens to root for.

Edited by Danger

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

This This This. There are so many variables that stats don't account for.

On that subject, I read an article on ESPN on Monday regarding Aaron Rodgers and his passing stats this year. He basically said that he hasn’t needed to throw it as much to win.

Okay. Me being a Dallas fan and simply because people cannot stand Dallas they completely discredit any achievement made by any player on the roster because the hate is so great. Literally hear it all day long anywhere I go. I hate many teams but never discredit a players performance or simply troll because I can’t stand the team.

NE now having 6 SB wins also aside.

As a Steeler fan, it really annoys me when other, less knowledgeable Steeler fans make comments like

"How many rings do you have?" Or "We got 6 SB wins, how about you?" Like it's some sort of measure of recent success or that the fact we have won 6 SBs in the span of 40 years somehow erases our occasional 8-8 season and our organizational struggles.