1st Of The Year - Just One Round - Some Trades

BowserBroncos

Loving the trade up for the Browns with the Dolphins to go get Andrew Thomas. The trade is really realistic to happen, especially if Tua decides to return to Tuscaloosa. To say Andrew would fill the team's most crying need is obvious. Most mocks that I have seen have completely ignored a tackle to the Browns until at least round three or four. Those guys will be a lateral move to the talent already here. The tackle you have selected is elite and has the right surname to play in Cleveland.

If he keeps 10,363 on the mind, then we really have something.

Well done

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

TBH, I have not seen enough of him to form my own opinion. However, from every thing I have read - he is the athletic type lineman that every team needs. Could fill in perfectly at guard or tackle.

I will get back to you after I check him out.

I looked at a clip from the LSU game and the S. Carolina game. I found Jedrick playing RT on the Crimson Tide line. But we need to remember - the RT at Alabama is actually the LT in the NFL, because Tua throws with the "other hand". Most NFL QBs are right handed.

I do think that Jedrick will be better suited as a RT in the NFL game. He didn't show me elite footwork that most LT prospects, who are being considered this high in the draft, possess. What he did show me were traits that the Browns would love to have from the RT spot.

He showed a wide base with his feet, and for lack of a better term. a "heavy butt". Meaning, once he anchors his feet, he has a lot of ballast in his britches. He will not be easily moved off his spot. If the defense tries to bull rush the QB from the right side, rotsa ruck Charlie. Generally, the speed rushers are on the opposite side of the line - and that is where I see Mr. Wills having difficulty. I just don't see that much fluidity in Jedrick's game to equalize the speed demons off the edge.

He did show elite ability as a run blocker. He showed he can use his girth to collapse his side of the line, especially when facing a 3-4 DE. The RT will usually be a bit wider than the DE. If Wills fires off on schedule, he has the capability to crush the DE before he can slide by on the inside and disrupt the run blocking scheme or get to the QB.

This generally will open a running lane wide enough that even I could run through. LOL. And with the stallions the Browns have in the backfield, it simply could be a long day for defenses.

To summarize - I think Jedrick Wills can be an average LT prospect, but an elite RT one.

Edited by brooks1957

On 02/01/2020 at 9:35 AM, BowserBroncos said:

23. Seattle Seahawks (from Bills) - Tyler Biadasz - OL - Wisconsin

On 03/01/2020 at 12:04 PM, animaltested said:

PCJS trading UP?

You haven't paid attention to the Seattles drafting in the since 2011 have you. Without a 3rd, I highly doubt Seattle will end up drafting in the 1st round. 

But, even IF Seattle traded up, it certainly wouldn't be for a tackle. Biggest weakness for this team is the lack of a wide edge rusher (ala Clark, Avril, Clemons). That would probably be their #1 target. 

The trade up probably won't happen but I would be surprised if the team goes DL with the first pick. Yes, it's the team biggest need, but I would prefer to try to adress it with FA instead of having another high pick that probably won't contribute that much in 2020 (well, just looking at past draftees of the team like Collier-McDowell - though I could certainly be wrong).

I would prefer a WR personally, especially if J. Reagor or J. Jefferson are available. 

T. Biadasz is a center, and a pretty good one at that. I would still think it's a great pick for the Seahawks. Him or C. Ruiz from Michigan. 

Edited by MagicMT

• 2 weeks later...