Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Interesting that when Aaron congratulated Mac on the new gig he mentioned how he thought Mac would have demanded a say in personnel in his new position.

Wonder why?

It’s because late in his time in Gb and as Ted’s health went... McCarthy felt he wasn’t given enough talent to win, mainly free agency.

So I’m sure Rodgers knows that... and was just saying he figured having some control over that would be important.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Huh?

Every time but once!

If MM brings DAL a SB it'll be the best hire in 20 years. I think they'd take that. They really do have the talent IMO.. I wanted to lay 50 when they were 40:1 towards the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'd consider money on them for 2021.

My bets are always a year late. Other than my Mahomes bet, I'm STILL pissed, wanted to bet o/u on 50 total TDs and only two bookies I knew wouldn't give me a decent line, one was just the default and one was terrible. But it's best, I didn't need the stress of following that at the end of the year.

But I lost money on SB futures on teams who won the next year the only two times I ever did it.

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Huh?

He couldn’t get back to the super bowl. Everyone complains that they don’t have enough Super Bowls. That the 2014 championship game has been more of the feelings fans have gotten with McCarthy.

I think he will be successful in Dallas I just think he will never win a super bowl there... and likely again. That’s what I mean coming up short.

** I think getting to the super bowl and winning it so early in his tenure and early in Rodgers career hurt Mike. The fact is I think him only going to one... when he had Rodgers is seen more as an issue rather than a feather in his hat. Like “oh he won a sb... dude is amazing” it’s more like “you only got one? With him? Really?”

Edited by Green19

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think he will be successful in Dallas I just think he will never win a super bowl there... and likely again. That’s what I mean coming up short.

Truth be told, not sure anyone there would have any better odds, nothing to do with MM. I would have said this before that. But they sure af should have been better record wise this year. LVE hurt them some but that's not enough. 

For those interested here is a link to which coaches might be part of McCarthy's team, as he assembles his staff.........it looks to me like he is putting a decent group together -  especially the ST coach ! !!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-mccarthys-cowboys-coaching-staff-in-2020-whos-in-whos-out-and-who-might-be-on-the-way-to-dallas/

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

For those interested here is a link to which coaches might be part of McCarthy's team, as he assembles his staff.........it looks to me like he is putting a decent group together -  especially the ST coach ! !!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-mccarthys-cowboys-coaching-staff-in-2020-whos-in-whos-out-and-who-might-be-on-the-way-to-dallas/

@TheOnlyThing

12 hours ago, Norm said:

Truth be told, not sure anyone there would have any better odds, nothing to do with MM. I would have said this before that. But they sure af should have been better record wise this year. LVE hurt them some but that's not enough. 

They got Sean Lee back for most of the year so it's a wash. 

McCarthy is worth a +2 in the win column over Jason Garrett just because. The caveat is all three teams in the division should be better because they can't be worse. Philly can't have that many injuries again and the Giants and Redskins should be better under second year QB's and another draft where they will pick in the top 10. 

I'd make Dallas the favorite in that division though. 

Edited by Golfman

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

He hired the legend Tom Sula!

Any idea how many of the coaches he had with him the whole off season preparing were hired? In that piece Tom P did, I thought they were all a package deal? I know him Haslett was one of them and he appears nowhere so far. 

"McCarthy will not only have greater input on roster decisions than he did in Green Bay but will hold as much influence in this area as Bill Parcells did three coaches ago in Dallas, according to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News and Ed Werder of ESPN.com (Twitter links). It was not a secret McCarthy and ex-Packers GM Ted Thompson did not see eye to eye on the latter’s aversion to free agency additions."

https://www.profootballrumors.com/