Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

4 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I'm seeing a lot of negative emotions, ranging from disrespect to outright hate, for a coach that brought far more good years than bad and that hasn't been with us for a year now. It's kinda sad really.

I mean I’ll always have a soft spot for MM for winning the super bowl but I still think he is just a meh coach. He did not really elevate the offense (we won with a a HoF qb throwing iso routes). He misused talent (Jones the last few years,). He didn’t hold Capers accountable who wasted Hyde, Hayward, Guy which in result  caused us to burn more picks on D. 

The super bowl W, a crap division, and HoF qb from 2012-14 bought MM, Capers, and TT about 3 too many yearS

15 hours ago, Green19 said:

One of the reasons Dallas hired McCarthy is apparently because he always beat them with what they felt were lesser teams.

They felt he always out coached them. Not the strongest reason if your coach is Jason Garrett... like everyone out coaches him.

Last year he outcoached McVay, Carroll, and arguably Belichick (big leap here but that game we lost with some terrible play that continues this year). Tough losses derailed that season (especially the Mathews hits games). Waiting to see who gets outcoached on Sunday, and let me say Kyle Shanahan outcoached us X100.

Edited by oldmansmell

32 minutes ago, GalenaPackFan said:

MM was always great at holding the locker room together during tough times. BUT, the outside distractions of Dallas are quite a bit more than Ashwaubenon. I'll be very interested to watch how he handles the larger media landscape.

How often did you hear from Jason Garrett? For some reason I dont recall him dominating the media - as in actually speaking.

Why would it be any different for MM? It wont.

1 hour ago, GalenaPackFan said:

MM was always great at holding the locker room together during tough times. BUT, the outside distractions of Dallas are quite a bit more than Ashwaubenon. I'll be very interested to watch how he handles the larger media landscape.

Jones is the one who handles the Dallas media.  I kinda wonder how these 2 will mesh...

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Jones is the one who handles the Dallas media.  I kinda wonder how these 2 will mesh...

Why does he want to do this stuff and insist on being involved in football decisions? If I were an owner, I'd hire people good at this to handle it and personnel decisions and hammer Busch Lattes in the owners box.

( I know it's his ego) 

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why does he want to do this stuff and insist on being involved in football decisions? If I were an owner, I'd hire people good at this to handle it and personnel decisions and hammer Busch Lattes in the owners box.

( I know it's his ego) 

I can't blame him...If I was an owner I would be calling the plays with a beer in hand from the booth. 

• Like 6