Poll: MM a good choice as next Dallas Cowboy Head Coach?

perrynoid

Would Mike McCarthy make a good choice to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering if Packer Nation thinks MM might make a good HC of the Dallas Cowboys? Why, or why not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but only if he has a good DC
    • Other; please state your rationale below

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Who is Cowboys' fullback? That's going to have to be a priority for GM Jerruh given the fact that McC's favorite play is the 1 yard dive.

Did anyone let the Dallas media know they'll be hearing an awful lot about pad level?

And fundamentals.

Mike McCarthy sure does cause the emotions to come out! I have no ill will towards the guy, thought he was overrated. Said it many times. I wish him no ill will but I still hate the Cowboys so I won't be rooting for him or them. 

He's now got the 'most talented roster in football', so say the 'experts'! Time will tell but Dak ain't no Aaron Rodgers in his prime. Not even close! 

1 minute ago, Packer_ESP said:

I'm seeing a lot of negative emotions, ranging from disrespect to outright hate, for a coach that brought far more good years than bad and that hasn't been with us for a year now. It's kinda sad really.

I like the guy, but I think a major part of his success is due to having stud QB's.  I think the Hundley failure and final few seasons really soured me on the guy.  I do wish him well, and now he gets to prove he can win without a hall of fame QB.

14 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Who is Cowboys' fullback? That's going to have to be a priority for GM Jerruh given the fact that McC's favorite play is the 1 yard dive.

Did anyone let the Dallas media know they'll be hearing an awful lot about pad level?

*crickets*

Jokes more stale than an iso route offense

5 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Failing to evolve (or stubbornness) to correct his mistakes is what I see as having caused MM's firing. He'll have to have changed some for that to be the case.

Keeping Capers, ST coordinators, for too long and refusal to hire new blood for the offensive side of the ball is what I ultimately led to his departure. 

I think who he hires as his coordinators will be telling. Though I expect it to the good old boys for him.

During his year off, McCarthy had apparently hired - out of his own pocket -  a staff out of  to go over film and a bunch of analytics guys to get him up to speed on what he'd been missing in the latest developments. 

If he sticks to that stuff, one of his major flaws - terrible in-game management - will be much improved. 

Just now, Mr Bad Example said:

During his year off, McCarthy had apparently hired - out of his own pocket -  a staff out of  to go over film and a bunch of analytics guys to get him up to speed on what he'd been missing in the latest developments. 

If he sticks to that stuff, one of his major flaws - terrible in-game management - will be much improved. 

This, but I don't know if he can help himself. He's the king of defensive timeouts with 2 minutes to go in the half and the 32nd ranked defense on the field. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The thing that gets me the most is how we were so devoid of talent and roster turnover and all that and he brings up every ****ing season how there are 75 billion new players on our team, but simultaneously he hates McCarthy.  Because why?  

To mess with people. It's his hobby. I doubt he believes 90% of what he types.