Divisional Round: VIKINGS (11-6) at 49ers (13-3)

swede700

4 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

This game is lost bc terrible coaching and injuries.

We need to get rid of Rhodes and go after Trent Williams.

Its a nice thought but how would we pay him?  That OL is awful and Elflein has to be cut like right now.  Sure Kirk this or Kirk that but no QB on earth could succeed under that kind of pressure, I mean holy crap.

The Vikes need to make some moves to improve the roster and the OL just not sure how they will do it.  I would be willing to trade up in the 1st round to get a quality OT no doubt about it, but not like they have much to play around with unless they include a player along with it.  I am going to say right now it is a sin Anthony Barr only had 1.5 sacks this year, but hard to blitz him when they cannot cover the back end and rarely have most of the season.  Sadly they would have to trade a guy with value like him to move up in the draft.  And they do not have the cash to go sign some big free agent either.  

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

It doesn't seem like it with your posts.

Everything being equal they are probably pretty close but there was a lot in favor of the 49ers this game

Just like the Vikings DL won the game against the Saints early and then late, the 49ers DL won this game no question about it.  They crushed the run game and totally crushed Cousins back there, they had no chance with either play call.

Once O'Neill went out it was all over with, sucks Cook could not run but those LBs seemed faster than he was and in the screen game he was no issue and if anything looked pretty loose with the football.  But had nowhere to go and they were downhill defensively all game.  

6 sacks, 9 QB hits, 9 TFLs, 4 Passes deflected.  No team on earth could win a game with those numbers, and Nick Bosa had a 41% win rate on his pass rush today.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So let me get this straight. You are a Packer and a Yankees fan and you dare to come into this forum? You've got some nerve I'll give you that.

You left off the LAL....but whats that got to do with anything?
I can talk football (or sports) with anybody....even fans of inferior teams DOH! Thats a joke!!! Just bustin on ya. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

You left off the LAL....but whats that got to do with anything?
I can talk football (or sports) with anybody....even fans of inferior teams DOH! Thats a joke!!! Just bustin on ya. :)

Oof 😕 that's like the worst 3 teams in those sports. Next you'll say that you are a Blackhawks fan or something

As much as it pains me to say this you do seem like a decent dude

17 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

This game is lost bc terrible coaching and injuries.

We need to get rid of Rhodes and go after Trent Williams.

No disrespect, but the Niners were just the superior team. Like the coaching wasn't terrible or anything. I mean it wasn't a plus, but when you get manhandled up front both ways, this will happen. Niners were banged up damn near more than any team this season, but now are finally getting everyone back. People forget just how dominant this defense was when they had Alexander/Ford/Tartt.

Good season Vikings fans! A few tweaks here and there, and the team should be back in the mix again. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No disrespect, but the Niners were just the superior team. Like the coaching wasn't terrible or anything. I mean it wasn't a plus, but when you get manhandled up front both ways, this will happen. Niners were banged up damn near more than any team this season, but now are finally getting everyone back. People forget just how dominant this defense was when they had Alexander/Ford/Tartt.

Good season Vikings fans! A few tweaks here and there, and the team should be back in the mix again. 

That's what people have been saying since Zimmer got here. It's a 6 year pattern now.......

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I see no evidence Zimmer can take this team all the way. None. 

I can’t imagine ownership doing anything about it. Playoffs every other year is likely good enough for a majority of NFL owners. My thoughts were if this team has another playoff game like the one in Philly a couple of years ago that a change may be needed. I don’t know what the right move, but here we are, with another 3 score playoff loss. Based on Zimmer’s track record, he’s not getting back to the playoffs next year. If he’s not the problem, evaluate the front office. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

That's what people have been saying since Zimmer got here. It's a 6 year pattern now.......

So are you mad at Zimmer or the GM who put together the roster? The DL and OL were completely handled. The DL is pretty damn good, but they couldn't stop the run at all in the 2nd. Sometimes it happens that way. The Vikings were out talented this game in areas that matter quite a bit. 49ers are just flat out better and more rested getting healthy at the right time. Don't think the damn coaching was the problem watching this game. 

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Oof 😕 that's like the worst 3 teams in those sports. Next you'll say that you are a Blackhawks fan or something. As much as it pains me to say this you do seem like a decent dude.

Ha! I hope you're not bleeding profusely :)

Nahhhhhh......I never caught on to hockey. Probably because of the four major sports, its the one I sucked at. It was the whole up on skates, stick and puck thing that tended to make life difficult......

In any case, was a fan of the NY Rangers - and will pull for them when/if I hear they're making a run - but hockey season can come and go w/o me even knowing about it and my life rolls on just fine.

So - its on to the Twins for you. Look forward to talking things out over in the Baseball threads.

I was pretty silent this week because I didn't think the Vikings would win...I hoped...but it played out pretty much like I expected.  I think that the Vikings obvious weak link is the same thing it's been forever.  Need better players on the offensive line.  The entire left side of the line needs to be replaced.  The defense played well in the 1st quarter, however, they seemed to be on the field 75% of the time.  Again, that's the fault of the line.  I don't know how the Vikings will improve the line without cutting or trading valuable players.  I am doubtful it will happen with mid-round draft choices and middle tier free agents.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So are you mad at Zimmer or the GM who put together the roster? The DL and OL were completely handled. The DL is pretty damn good, but they couldn't stop the run at all in the 2nd. Sometimes it happens that way. The Vikings were out talented this game in areas that matter quite a bit. 49ers are just flat out better and more rested getting healthy at the right time. Don't think the damn coaching was the problem watching this game. 

Both, and yes, the first half offensive scheme was an issue. run, run, pass. They led the league in running on 2nd and long this year......they coaches do not put the players in position to win on offense. And, the FO has done an awful job on the OL year after year.

What gets better next year, with the same FO and coaches? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Ha! I hope you're not bleeding profusely :)

Nahhhhhh......I never caught on to hockey. Probably because of the four major sports, its the one I sucked at. It was the whole up on skates, stick and puck thing that tended to make life difficult......

In any case, was a fan of the NY Rangers - and will pull for them when/if I hear they're making a run - but hockey season can come and go w/o me even knowing about it and my life rolls on just fine.

So - its on to the Twins for you. Look forward to talking things out over in the Baseball threads.

Honestly I don't follow hockey or basketball much. 

Baseball season can't get here soon enough

• Like 1