Divisional Round: VIKINGS (11-6) at 49ers (13-3)

swede700

4 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Both, and yes, the first half offensive scheme was an issue. run, run, pass. They led the league in running on 2nd and long this year......they coaches do not put the players in position to win on offense. And, the FO has done an awful job on the OL year after year.

What gets better next year, with the same FO and coaches? 

Okay fine, maybe you guys should have passed more. But then what? What was that going to do? Minus the Diggs TD, what did the passing offense do? Was the OL going to start all of a sudden start blocking better? 

OL and upgrading the corner spot should be the focus of the team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay fine, maybe you guys should have passed more. But then what? What was that going to do? Minus the Diggs TD, what did the passing offense do? Was the OL going to start all of a sudden start blocking better? 

The corner spot has been upgraded over and over again. You can only spend so many 1st and 2nd round picks on CBs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KeithVikings28 said:

The corner spot has been upgraded over and over again. You can only spend so many 1st and 2nd round picks on CBs.

That is true, but are you confident with the guys you have? Obviously Rhodes can't continue to start, but I'm not too familiar with the depth you guys have. 

Team is still stacked overall, that's not going to change. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That is true, but are you confident with the guys you have? Obviously Rhodes can't continue to start, but I'm not too familiar with the depth you guys have. 

It really depends who they keep in free agency

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which is what people  have typed here for years. It isn't working. That's my point. 

23 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Both, and yes, the first half offensive scheme was an issue. run, run, pass. They led the league in running on 2nd and long this year......they coaches do not put the players in position to win on offense. And, the FO has done an awful job on the OL year after year.

What gets better next year, with the same FO and coaches? 

That is why I was completely baffled when they drafted a TE in the 2nd round last draft, when we had much more pressing needs.  I thought DL or OL were much more pressing needs.  I think the FO and coaching staff expect players already on the roster to improve their games dramatically, but that expectation is unreasonable in my humble opinion.

• Like 2

The 2nd half was rough to watch and then I just didn't...  That said, I'm still impressed they pulled it off against the Saints! Proud of the team and now let's figure out how to win 2 playoff games... in a row :)

30 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I was pretty silent this week because I didn't think the Vikings would win...I hoped...but it played out pretty much like I expected.  I think that the Vikings obvious weak link is the same thing it's been forever.  Need better players on the offensive line.  The entire left side of the line needs to be replaced.  The defense played well in the 1st quarter, however, they seemed to be on the field 75% of the time.  Again, that's the fault of the line.  I don't know how the Vikings will improve the line without cutting or trading valuable players.  I am doubtful it will happen with mid-round draft choices and middle tier free agents.

True, look at the Titans, have Pro Bowlers on the OL in Lewan and Saffold not to mention Conklin and Jones who are very good and a solid rookie in Nate Davis.  Unless the Vikings get a OL like that they have little chance to consistently run the football or protect any QB who is back there.  Titans paid up for that OL and not for the QB but hit gold with Tannehill.  

Ravens built the OL more than pay for it, got a steal with Brown, drafted a start in Stanley, got a HOF player in Yanda drafted and found this center as a backup who is surprisingly fine and Bozeman is solid also.  

So that OL has to improve, Zimmer wishes he had a OL like either one of those teams have.  Maybe they would have the chance and would have a D that is actually rested and supported a majority of the games.  Compared to a D with their backs against the wall more often than no and did not get a chance to play with the lead much.  

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rhodes is gone.

He’s very very bad and pouts all the time on the field. 

I think there is plenty of young talent on the roster and it is not a need. Mackensie, Wayne’s, Hughes, Hill, Boyd and eventually Fields will be enough. 

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

No idea. But this isn't working, so why keep trying the same thing. 

I mean go for it, we will see how it works out. But not being able to win it all doesn't mean he's not a good coach or needs to be replaced. Should Andy Reid be replaced in KC since he never gets it done?