2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Words can not express how disappointed I am in Howie.

Howie is turning (or has turned) into Joe Banner. This give me so much vibes of the ¨we tried¨ years we had every Free Agency/Trade Scenario plus giving Jenkins the Dawkins treatment.

Although he seems to have become incompetent in terms of contracts (which was his strong suit), that travesty of a contract he gave to Brandon Graham still baffles me. 

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Howie is turning (or has turned) into Joe Banner. This give me so much vibes of the ¨we tried¨ years we had every Free Agency/Trade Scenario plus giving Jenkins the Dawkins treatment.

Although he seems to have become incompetent in terms of contracts (which was his strong suit), that travesty of a contract he gave to Brandon Graham still baffles me. 

I like Brandon Graham, But he should've never been paid that. 

24 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

With Clowneys market low, Do you think we could snipe him to a 1 or 2 year deal? 

You have to phrase it like every Eagles fan in here about a free agent we´re not sure we can afford ¨we should bring him on a one year prove it deal¨ the ¨prove it¨ is key in here.

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You have to phrase it like every Eagles fan in here about a free agent we´re not sure we can afford ¨we should bring him on a one year prove it deal¨ the ¨prove it¨ is key in here.

You speak as if it doesn’t happen. It’s clearly a market that doesn’t jive with how valuable he thinks he is. Thus, take a 1 year deal. He’s still young and would be in line for a big contract if he gets 12 or so sacks, proves to be a disruptive force. Cash in next year. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You speak as if it doesn’t happen. It’s clearly a market that doesn’t jive with how valuable he thinks he is. Thus, take a 1 year deal. He’s still young and would be in line for a big contract if he gets 12 or so sacks, proves to be a disruptive force. Cash in next year. 

I was not referring to the situation, more like the phrase we use so much in here.

Howie said he didn´t want to do one year deals so much anymore though. He just did with the high priced FA Mills so who knows.

6 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

U hit ur head? Trufant is 10 times the player Apple is. Apple is not very good.

1) He's 30 in September

2) Out 4 games with a toe injury, then went to IR week 14 when he broke his forearm.

With that said, bring him in he fits right in. Apple is only 24 and was actually pretty good for the Saints. Here is a good read on his season:

https://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2020/1/23/21077778/should-the-saints-re-sign-eli-apple-free-agents-agency-janoris-jenkins-cornerbacks-off-season

If we can get Apple for cheap, I'd go for it.

Edited by DeJack_10