2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I wouldnt mind getting yannick but I also kind of want to draft receivers.

I wouldn't mind getting Yannick if we didn't also have to pay him more than we're currently paying B Graham. A 1st round pick and a huge contract..no thanks. Just sign Clowney and keep the pick. Or Everson Griffen. Get him on a 1 year deal.

Edited by Jeezla

I don't like giving up a 1st for Yannick and having to give him a massive deal. Is his run defense really that bad? Good player but with the team already having a lot of resources allocated to the d-line I'm not sure he is what they need. Still need a LB worth a damn too.

3 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I don't like giving up a 1st for Yannick and having to give him a massive deal. Is his run defense really that bad? Good player but with the team already having a lot of resources allocated to the d-line I'm not sure he is what they need. Still need a LB worth a damn too.

He weighs 245 lbs with 32 1/2 arms. He can't set the edge.

19 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Idk how I'd feel about Yan. On one hand, he's young, worth an extension, and would almost certainly be better than any 1st round selection we'd make. On the other hand, I hate not having 1st round picks.

If it’s a 2021 1st, fine whatever...we were gonna draft a DE anyway probably.

2020? no dice

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

^ How does that contradict what I said? 13 sacks instead of 12?

He's one of the best pass rushers in the game. The issue is he's facing a 310 lb lineman and keeping him in on obvious run downs and expecting a 240 lb guy to take that on one on one.

He's not a massive liability as a run defender as he works his *** off, but obviously when you're that much smaller you're going to get moved around at times.