2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

You guys knocking his build aren't recognizing what he does. Dude has 14 FF in 4 years, and that's with a freak 2018 where he had zero. In that same 4 year span, Brandon Graham has 6 total. 

If he's not getting sacks, he's forcing pressures and turnovers. He's got 10 more sacks than BG in the last 4 years. We love BG. He's a younger, more disruptive BG. 

I’m honestly just done with DB. And this guy produces so might as well go big if he’s going to be replaced. Another year of DB is just another wasted year not finding his replacement. Imagine how dominate that line would be with a 10-12 sack guy on the right side. There was some talk about Yannick and his run D. DB is no stout run defender. Curry out produced DB on a limited role. Trade him while he has some value still. 

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m honestly just done with DB. And this guy produces so might as well go big if he’s going to be replaced. Another year of DB is just another wasted year not finding his replacement. Imagine how dominate that line would be with a 10-12 sack guy on the right side. There was some talk about Yannick and his run D. DB is no stout run defender. Curry out produced DB on a limited role. Trade him while he has some value still. 

I would like to see Miller, Sweat and Avery get more playing time over DV this season.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Jacksonville FO has been known to lie through their teeth to reporters regarding such situations. My guess is this their attempt at damage control. Yan ain't playing there it makes no sense not to look into trading him.

Seems like it was they didn’t like their offers, so they are deflecting like there was nothing serious and revisit later when teams are more desperate. Especially if we or other teams are offering a 2021 first, they feel they can wait.

I mean they got what the wanted off the Ramsey trade...granted not every team is as poorly run as the Rams. But they could be feeling emboldened at this point.

But the relationship is burnt, he’s not gonna play for them. So they have a clock.

Yan would be great, but our season isn’t over if Howie doesn’t trade for him. I’m fine waiting it out.

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The Birds With Friends podcast: the only podcast where two wannabe witty guys bash a player transaction to oblivion, then say they still have to watch film on said player, in order to write an article on said player. Idk why I even listen to them anymore tbh.

I enjoy BWF, but I go to each podcast for a specific thing. Hard hitting player analysis isn’t so much their wheelhouse. They are moreso storytellers, who will offer up opinions and discuss the news.

You get the analysis from Fran Duffy on Eye in the Sky or in the eagles site, Kist & Solak on BGN will go into stuff too. Kist does that QB show but that’s kinda niche.

Inside the Birds is probably the best sourced podcast, Caplan will give you “temperature of the room” from around the league instead of his own opinion. Mosher has more of a pulse on the Eagles. Eagle Eye seems to be a version of the same from Reuben Frank & Dave Zangaro, though not as well sourced outside philly...have only heard clips of that one.

Birds with Friends and the main BGN show with Kempski & BLG are mostly relaxed discussions, going over the stories. They will have sourced stuff but bring their own opinions.

Then you have stuff like 4th&Jawn, GoBirds, and some of the other BGN shows, which are pure fan experience. Which I find super homery and annoying...but hey whatever floats peoples boats...

I’d go to Fran Duffy / Kist & Solak to listen to them break Slay down and say if he’s worth it still. Or Inside the Birds to hear what people are saying about Slay around the league. Which for the latter, and this was before he was traded to us, people still think he’s really good. But Caplan heard a lot of people say Byron Jones was better because of his versatility and his ability to shut down tight ends too.

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I enjoy BWF, but I go to each podcast for a specific thing. Hard hitting player analysis isn’t so much their wheelhouse. They are moreso storytellers, who will offer up opinions and discuss the news.

You get the analysis from Fran Duffy on Eye in the Sky or in the eagles site, Kist & Solak on BGN will go into stuff too. Kist does that QB show but that’s kinda niche.

Inside the Birds is probably the best sourced podcast, Caplan will give you “temperature of the room” from around the league instead of his own opinion. Mosher has more of a pulse on the Eagles. Eagle Eye seems to be a version of the same from Reuben Frank & Dave Zangaro, though not as well sourced outside philly...have only heard clips of that one.

Birds with Friends and the main BGN show with Kempski & BLG are mostly relaxed discussions, going over the stories. They will have sourced stuff but bring their own opinions.

Then you have stuff like 4th&Jawn, GoBirds, and some of the other BGN shows, which are pure fan experience. Which I find super homery and annoying...but hey whatever floats peoples boats...

I’d go to Fran Duffy / Kist & Solak to listen to them break Slay down and say if he’s worth it still. Or Inside the Birds to hear what people are saying about Slay around the league. Which for the latter, and this was before he was traded to us, people still think he’s really good. But Caplan heard a lot of people say Byron Jones was better because of his versatility and his ability to shut down tight ends too.

Yup I listen to them all! Just about to turn on the Kist and Solak one now, my personal favorite along with ITB. Bo and Sheil are just so blindly critical of the Eagles and I feel bad for Z-Berm lol. He at least tries to look at things from multiple angles and stances. Luckily, I don't value either of their opinions any more than some guy sitting at a barstool when it comes to player fit and eval. They seem to look at most Eagles moves through a scope of pessimism from the get-go. It was like pulling teeth for Berm to get them to compromise that Slay is an upgrade on last year's CBs, like c'mon guys damn. Acting like we gave Blidi Wreh-Wilson 4 years $50M with $35M gtd.

18 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup I listen to them all! Just about to turn on the Kist and Solak one now, my personal favorite along with ITB. Bo and Sheil are just so blindly critical of the Eagles and I feel bad for Z-Berm lol. He at least tries to look at things from multiple angles and stances. Luckily, I don't value either of their opinions any more than some guy sitting at a barstool when it comes to player fit and eval. They seem to look at most Eagles moves through a scope of pessimism from the get-go. It was like pulling teeth for Berm to get them to compromise that Slay is an upgrade on last year's CBs, like c'mon guys damn. Acting like we gave Blidi Wreh-Wilson 4 years $50M with $35M gtd.

Listening to it now, I think it’s fair some of what they are saying. But I agree Bo will usually come in pessimistic, which is a counter ZBerm’s optimism. They kept going on about Byron...Like the only thing we could’ve done is offer him like $22+mil...and he isn’t worth that much.

I agree they need to sure up something on offense. We can’t go into the draft hoping the right receivers fall. According to Caplan on ITB l, both Breshard and Robby Anderson have way to high of a number in mind.

I think once they get realistic you throw BP a decent one year deal. He gets a better chance to start. If he hits he gets a pay day next year. If he sucks, we move on.

What do you guys think about Todd Gurely for cheap??  He is only 25 years old, and I'm sure he is motivated to prove he still got it. He would be a great 1-2 punch with Miles, can catch the ball really well, and pass protect. 

Edited by Eagles $5$

3 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

What do you guys think about Todd Gurely for cheap??  He is only 25 years old, and I'm sure he is motivated to prove he still got it. He would be a great 1-2 punch with Miles, can catch the ball really well, and pass protect. 

If he was dirt cheap, yeah 

but he’ll get north of 5-6 mil at the least.

Go give that to a wideout.