2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I think that's a really bad way of looking at potential signings. I don't see how that could possibly sway you against somebody lol honestly

May be flawed logic but you’re handing over the CB2 spot to a 30 year old journeyman? Does that not make you “lol” honestly? 

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

May be flawed logic but you’re handing over the CB2 spot to a 30 year old journeyman? Does that not make you “lol” honestly? 

It's bafflingly flawed logic and yes I'd be comfortable having him compete for CB2. He worked his way up to becoming the Colts CB1 since 2017, you act as if this is something that never happens.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

It's bafflingly flawed logic and yes I'd be comfortable having him compete for CB2. He worked his way up to becoming the Colts CB1 since 2017, you act as if this is something that never happens.

“He’d be a great #2 for us.”

Now, it’s “I’d be comfortable having him compete.” You’re already backing off the statement. 

The Colts have $20M in cap. They’re ok moving on from him, along with the other 2 teams in his 6 year career. The more we’re talking about this, my logic seems pretty sound compared to what you’re riffling off. 

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

“He’d be a great #2 for us.”

Now, it’s “I’d be comfortable having him compete.” You’re already backing off the statement. 

The Colts have $20M in cap. They’re ok moving on from him, along with the other 2 teams in his 6 year career. The more we’re talking about this, my logic seems pretty sound compared to what you’re riffling off. 

At the VERY LEAST I'd be happy to have him compete for CB2. Easy with the semantics. I'd also be very VERY comfortable with simply handing it to him, as we are with CB1 to Slay. Also, consider our other options. He's shown to be a very solid CB over his tenure with the Colts, so solid that I'd be more than willing to pencil him in there. To not want to sign somebody bc the reason you gave, I just can't help you there. Not everybody on your roster is going to be this pristine 25 year old who has been a starter his entire career for 1 team. All these guys have different paths and journeys to where there are now. As a matter of fact, most would prefer Pierre's path. His path displays the ability to fight for what you earn as opposed to someone who entered the league entitled and obtains their position via name and draft status.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

At the VERY LEAST I'd be happy to have him compete for CB2. Easy with the semantics. I'd also be very VERY comfortable with simply handing it to him, as we are with CB1 to Slay. Also, consider our other options. He's shown to be a very solid CB over his tenure with the Colts, so solid that I'd be more than willing to pencil him in there. To not want to sign somebody bc the reason you gave, I just can't help you there. Not everybody on your roster is going to be this pristine 25 year old who has been a starter his entire career for 1 team. All these guys have different paths and journeys to where there are now. As a matter of fact, most would prefer Pierre's path. His path displays the ability to fight for what you earn as opposed to someone who entered the league entitled and obtains their position via name and draft status.

I took direct quotes. That’s not semantics. 

And after the bolded statement, you’re going out on a limb I can’t even begin to navigate with you. You’re just as comfortable giving him a starting position as you are a younger, more accomplished, former all pro? 

They sign Desir? Fine. But I’d rather pass. Handing him a starting gig is irresponsible. I’m not a PFF guy mostly but he ranked in 70s. I’d rather just start Mills. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I took direct quotes. That’s not semantics. 

And after the bolded statement, you’re going out on a limb I can’t even begin to navigate with you. You’re just as comfortable giving him a starting position as you are a younger, more accomplished, former all pro? 

They sign Desir? Fine. But I’d rather pass. Handing him a starting gig is irresponsible. I’m not a PFF guy mostly but he ranked in 70s. I’d rather just start Mills. 

I assure you my view on Pierre Desir didn't change in the matter of what 10 mins between posts? I think he'd be a great add. You don't. That's fine. End.

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Nelson Agholor signed with the Raiders 

Was thinking maybe he’d go to Tampa on the cheap, play with Tom...in his home town.

Wish him well, Was a good kid, just couldn’t pull it together. At this point I’m thankful to whatever angels “angels in the outfield”ed him throughout 2017. I will tell my grandkids I was there to see that one big play he made. The one in the Arizona game.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Pierre Desir released by Colts. He'd be a great #2 CB for us. Their fans don't like the move, are puzzled by the move, and feel like they're screwed at CB without him. All great signs.

Would be a very ncie signing to come in at the #2 CB (and Jones or whomever would have the chance to show up and beat him out). Would help that spot be less of an issue going into the draft.