2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah we should be setting our sights higher than that..... Consider these guys back upS to the backup backup plan

I think Prince will help us alot for a number 2... He's way better then anyone we had last year. I still want Jones as our 1, and having Prince and Jones as our corners will be a big upgrade.

3 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I think Prince will help us alot for a number 2... He's way better then anyone we had last year. I still want Jones as our 1, and having Prince and Jones as our corners will be a big upgrade.

Meh maybe he’s marginally better than Mills or Rasul or Sidney. I mean I’d rather go for a player more in his prime than a stop gap but I would turn my nose up at any CB help. However, I’d be disappointed if he was their “fix” at either CB spot. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2877407-eagles-trade-rumors-alshon-jeffery-would-welcome-a-move-team-shopping-wr.amp.html

Alshonymous would welcome a move, apparently. 

If the new CBA is reached soon, they can spread out the hit if he’s cut lessening the blow. 16M to 9M or something. Things getting interesting. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Meh maybe he’s marginally better than Mills or Rasul or Sidney. I mean I’d rather go for a player more in his prime than a stop gap but I would turn my nose up at any CB help. However, I’d be disappointed if he was their “fix” at either CB spot. 

I think we address one spot and use a stop gap for the 2nd cb position. I’m still intrigued by sidney Jones, I hope our new db coach can help him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2877407-eagles-trade-rumors-alshon-jeffery-would-welcome-a-move-team-shopping-wr.amp.html

Alshonymous would welcome a move, apparently. 

If the new CBA is reached soon, they can spread out the hit if he’s cut lessening the blow. 16M to 9M or something. Things getting interesting. 

Who is trading anything for that contract , at his age and a player most likely missing 1/2 the season?

Just don't  see it outside of a salary dump/cut because he's become a cancer!

Edited by Nabbs4u

27 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I think we address one spot and use a stop gap for the 2nd cb position. I’m still intrigued by sidney Jones, I hope our new db coach can help him. 

I'm hoping for the same thing. 

I can get behind a guy like Byron Jones/Slay , Maddox , Leblanc , Sidney Jones and a first 3 round CB. As long as this DB coach ends up the real deal like they seem to say he is

Maybe greedy but I'd like Jalen back on a good deal for us

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who is trading anything for that contract , at his age and a player most likely missing 1/2 the season?

Just don't  see it outside of a salary dump/cut because he's become a cancer!

Maybe Joe takes him off our hands. Send the Jets a 3rd and get a 2021 7th or some other junk piece. 

Remember when me and some others on here hated the Alshon restructure last offseason?

I do.

Remember when he looked slow and uninspired in his play last year? 

I do.

Now we basically have proof he was the snitch in the locker room and not Agholor (who also needs to go... sorry Nelly)

I'm guessing we won't get much of anything for him if we even can, but its time to move on. We can't have a guy like that on this team.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate his contributions to the Eagles and our first Super Bowl win, but this was bound to happen sooner or later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Maybe greedy but I'd like Jalen back on a good deal for us

I'd be cool with Mills coming back on a cheap-ish deal to be a back-up or compete with whoever is the 2nd CB.

Obviously he's been frustrating as a starter over his rookie deal, but for where we were able to get him in the draft he was a solid pick.

I also feel like he's a good locker room guy and loves being an Eagle, but maybe he takes a higher deal elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'd be cool with Mills coming back on a cheap-ish deal to be a back-up or compete with whoever is the 2nd CB.

Obviously he's been frustrating as a starter over his rookie deal, but for where we were able to get him in the draft he was a solid pick.

I also feel like he's a good locker room guy and loves being an Eagle, but maybe he takes a higher deal elsewhere.

I dont want jalen back guy is as fast as you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
15 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Is that with or without the motorized scooter?

I'm 27... not an old man like you Nabbs  ;)

****, I couldn't run a 4.4 unless you spotted me 30 of those yds! 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1