2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

According to Jeff Mclane, the eagles don’t have faith in Andre Dillard 

It’s a narrative that has largely been spun from their apparent openness to bringing Peters back.

but who knows, he looked good besides that Seattle game

Man if he busts, Howie really does suck at drafting and last years is one of the worst.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

It’s a narrative that has largely been spun from their apparent openness to bringing Peters back.

but who knows, he looked good besides that Seattle game

Man if he busts, Howie really does suck at drafting and last years is one of the worst.

Dude has one of the best OL coaches in the NFL. Plus he had the opportunity to work with JP. If he were to learn from anyone it should’ve been him (or Joe Thomas). I expect a leap next season for Dillard

1 minute ago, oland11 said:

Dude has one of the best OL coaches in the NFL. Plus he had the opportunity to work with JP. If he were to learn from anyone it should’ve been him (or Joe Thomas). I expect a leap next season for Dillard

Yeah I’m not worried

its low point of the offseason crap until we see real smoke.

I’m intrigued with Dillard having an offseason that focuses on gaining mass. I’m hoping he comes in with 10-15 pounds of added muscle. Also I realized our run game is so much better with Dillard then peters, and that was one knock on Dillard. Peters just doesn’t try anymore in the run game

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING HIM TO US HOWIE!

I really don't give a damn if we have to overpay a bit for his services.

He should've been an Eagle back in 2015, but unfortunately we passed (sorry Nelson...) even though he made a ton of sense for us and a lot on here wanted him.

I swear people comparing this to the Byron Maxwell situation are clueless.

Maxwell was the worst starter on a great Seattle secondary. He was just somewhat above average in a good scheme fit surrounded by a lot of other defensive talent.

Jones on the other hand has been the best player in Dallas' secondary whether at safety or corner. He is actually good and would be a great get.

41 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING HIM TO US HOWIE!

I really don't give a damn if we have to overpay a bit for his services.

He should've been an Eagle back in 2015, but unfortunately we passed (sorry Nelson...) even though he made a ton of sense for us and a lot on here wanted him.

I swear people comparing this to the Byron Maxwell situation are clueless.

Maxwell was the worst starter on a great Seattle secondary. He was just somewhat above average in a good scheme fit surrounded by a lot of other defensive talent.

Jones on the other hand has been the best player in Dallas' secondary whether at safety or corner. He is actually good and would be a great get.

One big positive I like is definitely that versatility..like if we sign him to a 5 year deal, $17 per and he slows up or when Malcolm leaves, you can move him to Safety and not need to worry about it.

Wiping a major need off the board on day 1 on FA would great.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't get all the Dillard hate. We saw nothing on the field to suggest Dillard would struggle at LT. I've always hated that about this team. They care more about how a player performs in practice than in actual games.

seems drummed up for sure, people drawing conclusions way too early.

I think we probably overrate just how good he was here, but there was nothing that suggested he wasn't a good pick. (taking out that Seattle game at RT obviously)