2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What I learned from ITB 48 mins in: According to Caplan, we want to bring McLeod back. According to Mosher and his sources, there is no discouragement with the Eagles involving Dillard. Mosher also said that a lot of the executives he talked to had a similar 2nd round grade on JJ a year ago. If we sign a LB, it'll be a second tier guy i.e. Kwiatkowski, Campbell, etc. We could be looking at mid level DL to sign. Caplan likes WR Perriman the most in the free agent class. Robby Anderson is a maybe. Big V won't be back. And of course, we're gonna go all in on Byron Jones.

I’m one of the very few Eagles fans who want to keep McLeod and move on from Jenkins.  Malcolm makes the Eagles D better near the LOS, but McLeod is forced into a no-win as the single high safety, because both CB got torched over the top with alarming regularity.  One of the reasons I’d have given a 1st and 3rd for Jalen Ramsey to shut down one side of the field (damn the Rams for making that asinine trade when they were already 3 games behind 2 teams in their own division).

Dillard HAS to be the starting LT next season IMO.  I was not impressed that Peters didn’t even keep himself in shape last season.  He was too slow and a liability against speed rushers.  It will be even worse this season if he’s out there.  He was a HOF LT, but those days are long gone.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I want to move on from McLeod and Jenkins. Sign 2 of Ha Ha/Karl Joseph/Tre Boston to mid level deals. 

Sorry but I can't get on board with getting rid of the 1 Singular player on Defense that has literally played almost every Defensive Snap since 2017!

Jenkins is the Swiss Utulity Knife that Swartz plugs and plays when every other Scrub POS DB gets hurt! Replace one (McCloud)but not both with this Secondary. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but I can't get on board with getting rid of the 1 Singular player on Defense that has literally played almost every Defensive Snap since 2017!

Jenkins is the Swiss Utulity Knife that Swartz plugs and plays when every other Scrub POS DB gets hurt! Replace one (McCloud)but not both with this Secondary. 

Better a year early than a year late

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:
21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Better a year early than a year late

Remember everone saying the same thing about Dawk, only to find out the hard way Joe Banner too was an idiot!

Cut (or trade) Jenkins (Gives us 49.8M is cap)
Trade Rasul for a 7th, gives us about 52M in cap

Sign all of these guys:

Byron Jones CB 17M
Darqueze Dennard CB 6M 
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix  FS 8M
Karl Joseph SS 4M
Nick Kwiatkoski MLB 5M 
De'Vondre Campbell SLB 3M 
Andrew Billings DT 3M
Emmanuel Ogbah DE 5M

Adds up to 51M

Use all of our draft picks (Maybe even our 2021 2nd) to secure CJ Henderson, Denzel Mims, KJ Hamler, Mike Pittman, and James Morgan.

Sign WR Joe Reed (For kick returns), LB Davion Taylor, RB Darrynton Evans, CB Josiah Scott, CB/S L'Jarius Sneed, WR Quez Watkins, and WR Darnell Mooney as UDFA's.

33 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Remember everone saying the same thing about Dawk, only to find out the hard way Joe Banner too was an idiot!

I don't really remember people saying that about Dawk. I remember people saying he was slowing down, but not wanting him gone.

21 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I just don’t get the comparison between Jenkins and dawk... dawk was home grown and we got Jenkins in free agency and Jenkins is no where near as good as Dawkins. Also Jenkins comes off as arrogant while dawk is humble 

We've had "2" Very Good to Great FS in Midnight Green the past 2 almost 3 Decades. That's the comparison. I remember numerous posters saying the same things about Brian. He's getting old, slowing down, making to much money, needs to take a pay cut , we need to get younger, ect ect.

Banner thought the same thing low balled him and he goes to Denver to make the Pro Bowl not once but twice in 3 years while the Eagles struggled badly until the signing  of Jenkins!!. Its not about being Home Grown or drafted. Jenkins has been a Captain/Leader on and off the field since he got here. The glue that's kept this rediculously bad Secondary together with all the injuries from being historically the worst in the NFL.

I just think some of you drastically underestimate just how important he is to Jim Schwartz and this Defense. That's all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

What's up with all these Dillard rumors?

“Whispers” apparently. But word has it he would be used as a vehicle to move Alshon in a trade. 

Concerning the actuality of it, I can see it. Depending on the new CBA, trading Alshon can free up a lot of money to bring in another big ticket FA and with Peters possibly coming back and the depth of the tackles in the draft, makes it feasible. At least on paper. Dillard, Alshon and a 4th for a trade up to grab one of the 3 WRs? 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

“Whispers” apparently. But word has it he would be used as a vehicle to move Alshon in a trade. 

Concerning the actuality of it, I can see it. Depending on the new CBA, trading Alshon can free up a lot of money to bring in another big ticket FA and with Peters possibly coming back and the depth of the tackles in the draft, makes it feasible. At least on paper. Dillard, Alshon and a 4th for a trade up to grab one of the 3 WRs? 

Can't see that happening at all.  We spent the 1st round pick last year to get Dillard as our long term LT; we traded up to get him.  Can't ship him off because your 38-year old LT wants to play one more season.  The depth of tackles in this draft is in Round 1.

The new CBA will be ratified in the next few weeks.  Once that is signed the June 1 designation comes back.  Cut Jeffery post June 1 and eat the $16M this season and the $10M in 2021.  Jeffery won't be healthy enough to trade until the 2020 trade deadline.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TDTimes said:

I’m one of the very few Eagles fans who want to keep McLeod and move on from Jenkins.  Malcolm makes the Eagles D better near the LOS, but McLeod is forced into a no-win as the single high safety, because both CB got torched over the top with alarming regularity.  One of the reasons I’d have given a 1st and 3rd for Jalen Ramsey to shut down one side of the field (damn the Rams for making that asinine trade when they were already 3 games behind 2 teams in their own division).

Dillard HAS to be the starting LT next season IMO.  I was not impressed that Peters didn’t even keep himself in shape last season.  He was too slow and a liability against speed rushers.  It will be even worse this season if he’s out there.  He was a HOF LT, but those days are long gone.

I want McLeod and Jenkins back, draft a guy within first 3 maybe 4 rounds. Agreed on Dillard and Peters. I thought Andre looked good.