2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

29 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I hear you. 21 doesn’t get us a #1 WR. I just don’t see a #1 being there. I know it’s all hindsight of course but to put it into actual terms would you have traded our 2019 and 2020 for Ramsey? I would have. The 25th last year which eventually got us Dillard after giving up 2 more picks but the 25th in 2019 and the 21st in 2020 would have been fine with me to get a shutdown CB for 6 years or more. 

As it stands now, if we got our future LT and a top target for Wentz..throwing in what we also couldn't afford with Jalen being here. I think it's not as automatic of a trade.
However that's the best case, worst case you have a OT the team fears they whiffed on and we miss out on getting some of those top receivers and Howie takes another slow DE instead.

We need youth and a future.
We can't keep kicking these problems down the road.

We fix Wrs and the DBs now with young guys, keep the team together, then when their rookie deals are up our OL thats all about to be 30+ will need replacements.
That's the dance we gotta do with a franchise QB. I wish we could just sign and trade for guys...cause we suck at drafting. But it'll weaken the depth and the roster as a whole.

5 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Why are we talking about giving up DB? He's in what his 5th option year or whatever how would he get us a 3rd? Same situation with Agholor IMO...I'm sure Howie was calling around before picking up that option for the Phoenix.

barnett is going into year 4 but we do need to exercise his 5th year option this coming may if we do 

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

As it stands now, if we got our future LT and a top target for Wentz..throwing in what we also couldn't afford with Jalen being here. I think it's not as automatic of a trade.
However that's the best case, worst case you have a OT the team fears they whiffed on and we miss out on getting some of those top receivers and Howie takes another slow DE instead.

We need youth and a future.
We can't keep kicking these problems down the road.

We fix Wrs and the DBs now with young guys, keep the team together, then when their rookie deals are up our OL thats all about to be 30+ will need replacements.
That's the dance we gotta do with a franchise QB. I wish we could just sign and trade for guys...cause we suck at drafting. But it'll weaken the depth and the roster as a whole.

I like Dillard. I think he works out fine. But what’s with the chatter? Just makes me uneasy. 

Im ok with getting 26 year old studs at a premium price at premium positions. They don’t come around often and I think you jump at those opportunities and make things work around them. Ramsey and Yannick are those types. Just give me the guys and I’ll figure out the numbers. There’s always fat veterans not worth their number anymore. Cox has been my favorite player for years now but in two years that number isn’t going to be worth his play, most likely. There’s always room to manipulate numbers and cap. 

I’d love to draft 2-3 WRs and watch them grow with Carson but I don’t see any A+ guys where we are and I don’t think trading up for the top 3 is good for our long term goals. I’d rather trade down if Ruggs doesn’t fall. 

20 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It's a helluva plan

Are we doing the Yannick trade post draft? Would expect them to want compensation this year.
Roby and Prince are ok #2 guy to patchwork in...but neither is really that good. Shouldn't we try to get good starting NFL corners at some point?
I mean the mediocrity at this point has gone on so long, whats another year or two. But I'm not feeling great about that pairing and our group of lovable wayward boys still on the roster.

I've they could parlay Barnett plus for Yannick...I'm all for it.

Well, I just started the Witcher and I’m into fantasy right now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Why are we talking about giving up DB? He's in what his 5th option year or whatever how would he get us a 3rd? Same situation with Agholor IMO...I'm sure Howie was calling around before picking up that option for the Phoenix.

Cause he stinks. It’s his 4th. 

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I like Dillard. I think he works out fine. But what’s with the chatter? Just makes me uneasy. 

Im ok with getting 26 year old studs at a premium price at premium positions. They don’t come around often and I think you jump at those opportunities and make things work around them. Ramsey and Yannick are those types. Just give me the guys and I’ll figure out the numbers. There’s always fat veterans not worth their number anymore. Cox has been my favorite player for years now but in two years that number isn’t going to be worth his play, most likely. There’s always room to manipulate numbers and cap. 

I’d love to draft 2-3 WRs and watch them grow with Carson but I don’t see any A+ guys where we are and I don’t think trading up for the top 3 is good for our long term goals. I’d rather trade down if Ruggs doesn’t fall. 

Yeah I have no clue what this talk is...we'll see in a couple weeks i suppose.

I agree those two are the only two where I see it. Premium positions, with harder to find skillsets.
The Jacksonville FO is truly baffling to me that these are the two they decide to piss off and ditch.

It doesn't seem likely the top 3 will be there yeah, Though a little bump up 4 spots won't kill anyone.
I think there are a bunch of B guys who could be B+, maybe A- guys though in the first two rounds.
Greatly risking losing out on those top 10 receivers if we we wait til #53 and not all of them have the skill sets we exactly should be looking for.

If we don't get a WR in the first 2 rounds, this draft is a failure in my opinion.
There are good avenues to go down Yannick trade and a Safety/CB in round 2.
But like what's the point if we are carting out Breshad Perriman, Greg Ward, 6 games of Desean, JJAW and some lower draft pick.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

You can say you're into it for Cavill, we get it.
im there with you Jroc 

Is there any other reason?

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

hey its not jrocs fault he really fills out those leather pants well 

For real. Even in all that mud and blood he could get it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:
19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

You can say you're into it for Cavill, we get it.
im there with you Jroc 

Is there any other reason?

17 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

hey its not jrocs fault he really fills out those leather pants well 

For real. Even in all that mud and blood he could get it. 

Nope, he's the top 10 reasons on his own 

Geralt-of-Rivia-The-Witcher-2019-netflix

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I have no clue what this talk is...we'll see in a couple weeks i suppose.

I agree those two are the only two where I see it. Premium positions, with harder to find skillsets.
The Jacksonville FO is truly baffling to me that these are the two they decide to piss off and ditch.

It doesn't seem likely the top 3 will be there yeah, Though a little bump up 4 spots won't kill anyone.
I think there are a bunch of B guys who could be B+, maybe A- guys though in the first two rounds.
Greatly risking losing out on those top 10 receivers if we we wait til #53 and not all of them have the skill sets we exactly should be looking for.

If we don't get a WR in the first 2 rounds, this draft is a failure in my opinion.
There are good avenues to go down Yannick trade and a Safety/CB in round 2.
But like what's the point if we are carting out Breshad Perriman, Greg Ward, 6 games of Desean, JJAW and some lower draft pick.

I agree Howie needs to find a WR that plays on this team for years this offseason. He messes up this like that RB draft with Pump and it’ll be an absolute failure on his part two years at two positions that we’re desperate for full well knowing the extent of how deep it is. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:
10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Nope, he's the top 10 reasons on his own 

Geralt-of-Rivia-The-Witcher-2019-netflix

Kick down my bedroom door, will ya. 

Howie....I want our wr group to make me feel the way Cavill makes me feel
Anything less isn't good enough

• Like 1

Trade : 3rd next years 2 and sidney Jones for yan 

sign Byron Jones 

sign prince 

mike Daniels

Trade Jenkins for John Ross and 4th

resign mcleod

trade alshon jeffrey, 6th , rasul Douglas to Jets for 7th 

draft 

trade 3 and 4th to move up and get ruggs 

2 Winfield 

4 Woodward 

4 anthony Gordon 

4 netane muti

5 darnay Holmes 

7 Aj Dillion 

Ross, djax, ruggs can play all 3 positions and will open up the offense a lot with dallas and Ertz being our possession wideouts. Ruggs isn’t just a deep threat, he also has good body control and runs good routes and has really good hands. This is taking a page out of the Chiefs roster building strategies as they have three speedsters and the league is starting to go that route. 

• Like 2