2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

slays value is next to nothing if bouye is only worth a 4th right?

They'd be comparable, but Slay might cost a little more. My guess is Detroit is stubborn until the trade deadline this year, at which point a desperate team will give a 2nd or 3rd depending on how he performs in 2020.

Jones at 17M is a pass for me. He’s priced himself out, IMO. I hope we don’t go that hard for him. I’d rather allocate that money around. Yannick is still my man crush if we have any way of landing him without surrendering our 1st. Trade Barnett, he doesn’t have it. See how expensive Bradberry is compared to Jones. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Jones at 17M is a pass for me. He’s priced himself out, IMO. I hope we don’t go that hard for him. I’d rather allocate that money around. Yannick is still my man crush if we have any way of landing him without surrendering our 1st. Trade Barnett, he doesn’t have it. See how expensive Bradberry is compared to Jones. 

Could we get roby and amukamara for less than it costs to get jones?

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Could we get roby and amukamara for less than it costs to get jones?

I’d imagine it’s comparable. I’d take Roby and Prince or bring Mills back for whatever’s cheaper. Roby 3 years 30M, Prince 2 years 8M. Prb gets it done. Jones getting 17 is asinine at this point. He’s not worth that. You should have just pulled the trigger on Ramsey if that’s the case. 

That was just Stupid on Howies part. A 3rd or 4th is a no brainer to acquire him. There is NOTHING guaranteed via FA least of all Byron Jones.

Trade 1 of the 10 GD picks to acquire a legit CB. Can't wait till we trot out there the same ole Injury prone scrubs from the past two years!

Edited by Nabbs4u

53 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Caplan was saying Jones up to 17, Bradberry  14-15 range.
Both are overpays...but thats the game this time of year.

If they could've developed Sidney it'd be a non-issue.

But once again we have to bail out the scouting/draft side of things with FA/Trades.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’d imagine it’s comparable. I’d take Roby and Prince or bring Mills back for whatever’s cheaper. Roby 3 years 30M, Prince 2 years 8M. Prb gets it done. Jones getting 17 is asinine at this point. He’s not worth that. You should have just pulled the trigger on Ramsey if that’s the case. 

We have to give up zero picks though, compared to the two 1sts+ Jalen cost the Rams.
Ramsey is unquestionably better...but 3/4 mil more a year + a #1 WR this year + a DE or DB in 2021....that's a lot.

27 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Caplan was saying Jones up to 17, Bradberry  14-15 range.
Both are overpays...but thats the game this time of year.

If they could've developed Sidney it'd be a non-issue.

But once again we have to bail out the scouting/draft side of things with FA/Trades.

Here’s my thought and wish; I imagine the 3 coveted WRs are gone by 21. Would the Jags let go Yannick for a 2021 1st? I’d do that. And whatever late round sweetener they need. Ninja had a fine idea with Roby and maybe Prince for discounted CBs. Trade down from 21. Pick up a 2nd or even replace the 1st we’d give up for Yannick. Trade Barnett for a 3rd  (?). Give Malcom a bump, 2 year deal. 

2nd rounders - 2 of Mims/Winfield/Dugger/Aiyuk/Terrell/Fulton

3rd rounders - 3 of Davis-Gathier/Peart/Woodward/Pride/Duvernay 

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

We have to give up zero picks though, compared to the two 1sts+ Jalen cost the Rams.
Ramsey is unquestionably better...but 3/4 mil more a year + a #1 WR this year + a DE or DB in 2021....that's a lot.

I hear you. 21 doesn’t get us a #1 WR. I just don’t see a #1 being there. I know it’s all hindsight of course but to put it into actual terms would you have traded our 2019 and 2020 for Ramsey? I would have. The 25th last year which eventually got us Dillard after giving up 2 more picks but the 25th in 2019 and the 21st in 2020 would have been fine with me to get a shutdown CB for 6 years or more. 

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I hear you. 21 doesn’t get us a #1 WR. I just don’t see a #1 being there. I know it’s all hindsight of course but to put it into actual terms would you have traded our 2019 and 2020 for Ramsey? I would have. The 25th last year which eventually got us Dillard after giving up 2 more picks but the 25th in 2019 and the 21st in 2020 would have been fine with me to get a shutdown CB for 6 years or more. 

Do we expect any rookie in the draft to be a number 1?

From what I know, Bouye isn't the same player, but still. A 4th? Gotta be all over that. He's gotta be a more than solid #2 CB still I'm sure.

Also, I'm cool with giving Byron $17M. The eventual transition to safety seals that one for me. As long as we end up with one of Jones, Bradberry, or Roby I'm cool. They all come with their varying levels of necessary draft pick attachments with them.

Edit: major no thanks on Bouye for $15.5M over the next 2 years. Yuck. Hard hard hard pass.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

28 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Here’s my thought and wish; I imagine the 3 coveted WRs are gone by 21. Would the Jags let go Yannick for a 2021 1st? I’d do that. And whatever late round sweetener they need. Ninja had a fine idea with Roby and maybe Prince for discounted CBs. Trade down from 21. Pick up a 2nd or even replace the 1st we’d give up for Yannick. Trade Barnett for a 3rd  (?). Give Malcom a bump, 2 year deal. 

2nd rounders - 2 of Mims/Winfield/Dugger/Aiyuk/Terrell/Fulton

3rd rounders - 3 of Davis-Gathier/Peart/Woodward/Pride/Duvernay 

It's a helluva plan

Are we doing the Yannick trade post draft? Would expect them to want compensation this year.
Roby and Prince are ok #2 guy to patchwork in...but neither is really that good. Shouldn't we try to get good starting NFL corners at some point?
I mean the mediocrity at this point has gone on so long, whats another year or two. But I'm not feeling great about that pairing and our group of lovable wayward boys still on the roster.

I've they could parlay Barnett plus for Yannick...I'm all for it.