2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

13 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It doesn't seem likely the top 3 will be there yeah, Though a little bump up 4 spots won't kill anyone.
I think there are a bunch of B guys who could be B+, maybe A- guys though in the first two rounds.
Greatly risking losing out on those top 10 receivers if we we wait til #53 and not all of them have the skill sets we exactly should be looking for.

If we don't get a WR in the first 2 rounds, this draft is a failure in my opinion.
There are good avenues to go down Yannick trade and a Safety/CB in round 2.
But like what's the point if we are carting out Breshad Perriman, Greg Ward, 6 games of Desean, JJAW and some lower draft pick.

Yes, it's very dangerous to take the approach of 'it's a deep draft at WR so we will wait'.  Even at #53 the pickings might be somewhat slim.

The only way to avoid the dire need to select a first round WR is if someone like Sammy Watkins could be had as a FA if/when the Chiefs opt out of his massive 2020 salary.  Spotrac has his current market value at $11M -- compared to $19.7M for Amari Cooper.

There is a Jags fan in the FA rumors thread who says the Jaguars are asking for a 2nd and 3rd in a trade for Ngakoue; I'd jump on that if it meant we could keep pick #21 and still have our comp 3rd round pick..

I personally feel that CB (& possibly safety) is a position way more important than adding a DE. 

Teams will continue to do the same thing to us week in /week out. Quick passing/ Take shots vs suspect CBs. Double Cox upfront. Not a dig @ Schwartz its personnel. He doesn't have CBs that can run/cover. Adding a DE would do nothing unless we address the CB position. 

27 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Anyone else intrigued about trevor williams? His last full healthy season he was a top 10 corner. He’s still only 26 and I can see him making a comeback ala Patrick Robinson. 

Meh, he wouldn't prevent me to attack the CB position with multiple high end resources.

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Anyone else intrigued about trevor williams? His last full healthy season he was a top 10 corner. He’s still only 26 and I can see him making a comeback ala Patrick Robinson. 

Never heard of him. Being honest.

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

We have enough of these types of DB's, Not enthused in slightest trying to replace one Bob that can't stay healthy with another.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I am, and I legit do not remember this guy in the slightest. :/ 

Yea when I looked him up, sorta remember him. But off the top of my head, I also drew a complete blank. Pretty sure he was #10 starting opposite of Haley, but still can't remember. 

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hope he signs somewhere else tbh.

Hopefully. If Brady comes back I wonder if he’d go up there. Other playoff teams last year like the Packers & Titans. Maybe the Bears or Browns?
You have to think places that are long shots for the playoffs are off the list