2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

I don’t see the validity in really any of the talk but if there is some, why would there be? You don’t rid yourself of a franchise LT right? Must be something up if they want to move on. Or see a possible way to put themselves in a better situation overall with a move. I mean think about how many ways this can go. Howie needs to entertain a variety of moves. Trade Dillard, bring back Peters. Trade Dillard, long term deal for Big V, Peters walks. Hell, let Mailata compete for the spot. Maybe they think he’s ready. Who knows? 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t see the validity in really any of the talk but if there is some, why would there be? You don’t rid yourself of a franchise LT right? Must be something up if they want to move on. Or see a possible way to put themselves in a better situation overall with a move. I mean think about how many ways this can go. Howie needs to entertain a variety of moves. Trade Dillard, bring back Peters. Trade Dillard, long term deal for Big V, Peters walks. Hell, let Mailata compete for the spot. Maybe they think he’s ready. Who knows? 

Feel like if their plan was to dangle Dillard to move up they would have done a way better job eschewing this talk of him not doing well here,
or that he's maybe not dealing with his emotions well.
They would be in sell mode.

If they love Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy..and think a team would take #21 and Dillard in exchange...I suppose i begin to see a logic there.
i think overall it's not logical. LTs are way rarer to find than WRs and this draft is stocked with them. On the other teams side there are a ton of OTs in this 1st round. 
So i don't really get it unless Peters is very adamant behind closed doors that he's playing another 2 years at least. And they think they can get the value back and revisit the heir apparent at LT later on, or develop a guy.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Big V and Peters are known commodities and I don't see either as the LT of the future.  Mailata hasn't gotten on the field yet, so it's difficult to picture him as a staple at LT.  By most accounts and logic Dillard is the best candidate for the role.  LT is one of the most important positions on the roster, and they have invested heavily in Dillard.  

Who is this 'talk' from?  I suspect it's a long way away from Stoutland or Pederson, and they are the guys who need to make the final decision.  I haven't seen anything since last April that would turn them off of Dillard. 

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but I can't get on board with getting rid of the 1 Singular player on Defense that has literally played almost every Defensive Snap since 2017!

Jenkins is the Swiss Utulity Knife that Swartz plugs and plays when every other Scrub POS DB gets hurt! Replace one (McCloud)but not both with this Secondary. 

<3

I agree. Keep Jenkins all day everyday. I'm fine with replacing McCloud with any of those options the other guy suggested. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I can't blame Howie for Dillard not panning out if that's the case. If he's not playing well then that's on the coaches and it points that more often the coaches are the reasons players don't actually develop in Philly.

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can't blame Howie for Dillard not panning out if that's the case. If he's not playing well then that's on the coaches and it points that more often the coaches are the reasons players don't actually develop in Philly.

Given our draft history and the rest of the 2019 draft lots of blame should go to Howie. Plus Stoutland is the only guy we know who is actually a good coach

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Given our draft history and the rest of the 2019 draft lots of blame should go to Howie. Plus Stoutland is the only guy we know who is actually a good coach

Dillard was widely looked at as a top 15 player in last years draft. Don't give me that hindsight BS.

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dillard was widely looked at as a top 15 player in last years draft. Don't give me that hindsight BS.

I don’t think he was. He was like the third best OT on a poor class for the position. I remember Solak didn’t even have him as a top 30 prospect 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I don’t think he was. He was like the third best OT on a poor class for the position. I remember Solak didn’t even have him as a top 30 prospect 

OK so you found an outlier

Daniel Jeremiah: 12
https://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings/ : 11 
https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2019.asp : 10
 https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-big-board-of-top-100-players/11reeksv3zeht1nxouj5psd3s2 : 18

That is just the first four results Google Spat out at me, not cherry picked. So us taking him at 22 isn't a bad move on Howie. Howie has certainly made some mistakes in drafting, I won't deny that, but we can not develop young players to save our lives, whether or not they're good talent. 

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

JJAW was a little bit of a reach and the real issue was that we took him over Metcalf (as well as a few others, but mostly Metcalf) WHO I REMIND YOU MOST OF YOU WERE HATING ON SO MUCH.

I think the context for a lot of the pre-draft stuff was DK was going 1st...but would have to dig into it.
He should've been the pick there.

I liked Deebo and A.J Brown more and I think this season they lived up to that.
Too bad we can't go back and offer the 5th rounder we wasted on Thorson  and like a 7th or the seemingly wasted Miller 4th rounder to move from #57 to #50 and get AJ.
Coming away with him and Sanders would've done wonders for last years team and going forward...but oh well. 

Just now, Kiltman said:

I think the context for a lot of the pre-draft stuff was DK was going 1st...but would have to dig into it.
He should've been the pick there.

I liked Deebo and A.J Brown more and I think this season they lived up to that.
Too bad we can't go back and offer the 5th rounder we wasted on Thorson  and like a 7th or the seemingly wasted Miller 4th rounder to move from #57 to #50 and get AJ.
Coming away with him and Sanders would've done wonders for last years team and going forward...but oh well. 

I was all on board for DK at 25, dude was/is legit.

AJ Brown I wanted but the Titans (as usual) snagged the player I wanted for us a few picks before us. They've done this so much lately along with Harold Landry and Jeffery Simmons.

I'm a Penn State fan, and I thought Shareef Miller was a 5th rounder. I don't understand why we overdrafted him. This I absolutely believe Howie did poorly with.

• Like 1