2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

OK so you found an outlier

Daniel Jeremiah: 12
https://www.nfldraftgeek.com/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings/ : 11 
https://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2019.asp : 10
 https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-big-board-of-top-100-players/11reeksv3zeht1nxouj5psd3s2 : 18

That is just the first four results Google Spat out at me, not cherry picked. So us taking him at 22 isn't a bad move on Howie. Howie has certainly made some mistakes in drafting, I won't deny that, but we can not develop young players to save our lives, whether or not they're good talent. 

I think both Howie and the developing part both suck. 

He may have dropped or was considered better by the draftniks but Howie doesn’t have much good will given his history either.

It is important to note that this is in case that the reports are true and Dillard actually ends up sucking or out or whatever.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I think both Howie and the developing part both suck. 

He may have dropped or was considered better by the draftniks but Howie doesn’t have much good will given his history either.

It is important to note that this is in case that the reports are true and Dillard actually ends up sucking or out or whatever.

In the case of Dillard, it absolutely speaks more to the incompetency of the coaches than the Front Office. Just saying.

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I give Stoutland the benefit of the doubt than I do Howie.

The only O-Lineman that's really developed well under Stoutland is Lane Johnson, who was the 4th pick in the draft for a reason. 

Not saying Stoutland isn't good, he's good at utilizing players who know what they're doing. Basically that's been this whole team's MO. We are good at knowing how to use players who've been taught and brought up elsewhere, but we don't know how to take a young raw player and mold them into something good.

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

AJ Bouye to Denver for a 4th round pick - wonder if we were in on him. 

The main things I see from this trade:

-Jags clearing cap space

-Solidifies that CHJr is not coming back?

Even for a 4th, I would not pull the trigger for Bouye. He is not the same lockdown corner he once was and is one of the highest paid corners in the league.

Just now, Kiltman said:

can you trade those when they haven't been given out yet?
Like we know we have a 3rd but most comp picks are so vague.

Yeah you just do it with the stipulation that if you don't get that comp pick you go the next round higher. I know the Rams have done this somehow at some point. @jrry32 can you elaborate the details of when Les Snead did this?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

AJ Bouye to Denver for a 4th round pick - wonder if we were in on him. 

That's it? Saves them $9 did he really fall off? Or buyer's remorse considering all the guys they gave big money to. 

Edited by nlesthought

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah you just do it with the stipulation that if you don't get that comp pick you go the next round higher. I know the Rams have done this somehow at some point. @jrry32 can you elaborate the details of when Les Snead did this?

Was it the Dante Fowler trade?

26 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Even for a 4th, I would not pull the trigger for Bouye. He is not the same lockdown corner he once was and is one of the highest paid corners in the league.

Bouye is fairly expensive at $13.5M each of the next 2 years, but the Eagles will be paying more for Byron Jones or Logan Ryan.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

What we did is that we offered a 3rd. The stipulation was if we got a comp pick, it would be the comp pick. If we didn't, it would be our original third.