BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Nobody knew Russell Wilson was going to be a top-3 quarterback at the time and height remains an issue for quarterbacks. In BDL particularly, nobody thought he was going to be that good.

One of the big legends is that the Eagles were all cued up to take him later in the round and got sniped by the Seahawks. Eagles wound up with Nick Foles instead. That worked out for a couple games......

• Like 2

I had to sit and think for an uncomfortably long time about who DJ Moore was and where he played. Chicago, I think.

Joe Looney never did anything for me but he's still in the NFL and starting, so that ended up being a decent UDFA pickup in the extremely long run.

Pat Willis retiring early really screwed me for a long time. Same with Aldon Smith's drug problems.

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

i dont believe you will ferrell GIF

That's your choice but I watched nearly every game that Russell Wilson played in because on the big 10 fan and anybody with paying attention it was not hard to see how good that guy was I said from the very beginning then he was going to be a very good quarterback

November 20, 1999. I was a 9 year old kid, sitting on the couch in the family room watching Michigan at home play against their rival, Ohio State. I watched as a young man named Tom Brady drove his team down the field with 5 minutes left in a tie game and connected with Marquise Walker for the go-ahead touchdown to win the game, 24-17. At that moment, I turned to my father and said "Father, that man is going to win 6 Super Bowls and become the G.O.A.T." My father turned to me and asked "What do you mean, goat?" But I wasn't listening; I was mesmerized watching what I knew was going to be the greatest quarterback to ever play professional football, and I could not wait to see where he went in the draft. To say I was shocked he did not go top 5 is an understatement. When the Patriots drafted him with the 199th pick, I swore that Tom Brady would show everyone they would regret drafting him.

And that's the honest to god truth on how I knew who the GOAT would be at the age of 9.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

That's your choice but I watched nearly every game that Russell Wilson played in because on the big 10 fan and anybody with paying attention it was not hard to see how good that guy was I said from the very beginning then he was going to be a very good quarterback

All I'm saying is there's a difference between thinking he would be very good and thinking he would be one of the 2-3 best quarterbacks in the league on pace for a first ballot Hall of Fame entry.

35 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

November 20, 1999. I was a 9 year old kid, sitting on the couch in the family room watching Michigan at home play against their rival, Ohio State. I watched as a young man named Tom Brady drove his team down the field with 5 minutes left in a tie game and connected with Marquise Walker for the go-ahead touchdown to win the game, 24-17. At that moment, I turned to my father and said "Father, that man is going to win 6 Super Bowls and become the G.O.A.T." My father turned to me and asked "What do you mean, goat?" But I wasn't listening; I was mesmerized watching what I knew was going to be the greatest quarterback to ever play professional football, and I could not wait to see where he went in the draft. To say I was shocked he did not go top 5 is an understatement. When the Patriots drafted him with the 199th pick, I swore that Tom Brady would show everyone they would regret drafting him.

And that's the honest to god truth on how I knew who the GOAT would be at the age of 9.

Why did you steal my childhood story? But to be 9 in 1999 what a life