Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

11 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Nah a room has a chance. In 2015, stefon diggs made his debut as a rookie against the broncos, he never looked back after that. Of course it was injuries that put him in, but maybe we can still get a rook in there if we need it 

And Bisi played a lot of snaps last year. Not sure where the idea rookie wideouts don't get to play comes from.

6 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I wouldn't mind Robby Anderson if we can work out a trade to get that 2nd round tender off him....don't see much at WR that makes me think "Well there's a good #2 for Thielen."

Other than that, I think we'd be opening 2020 with Thielen, Bisi, and Chad Beebe at WR which is putrid because god knows a rookie WR won't touch the field on a ZImmer coached team. 

Interesting that you say that because Bisi got quite a bit of playing time as a7th round rookie. Didn't Beebe even play as a rookie a bit?

3 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Looking at the receiver group that's still out there, I think I'd take a shot at Rashard Higgins. Should be a low risk deal.

Robinson from KC might not be so bad, but he'll likely want big money I think.

I think we should get Jonathan Joseph, who was released from Houston. He has familiarity with Zimmer.

19 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Robinson from KC might not be so bad, but he'll likely want big money I think.

I think we should get Jonathan Joseph, who was released from Houston. He has familiarity with Zimmer.

I agree Jonathan Joseph is a stud but clearly has some age to him, he is a standout smooth cover corner with good size.

So Rashod Hill was signed and I guess unless they release Reiff that means the OT spot is not as much of a need coming into the draft so that does change some things.  Still they absolutely need to get a OG but keeping Hill does help a little bit in terms of being a quality backup and then still have Udoh.  

With the NFL currently I am sure a few receivers could fall through the cracks and they could get on the cheap, but in such a deep WR class I would hope they go WR early and maybe often after CB.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I agree Jonathan Joseph is a stud but clearly has some age to him, he is a standout smooth cover corner with good size.

So Rashod Hill was signed and I guess unless they release Reiff that means the OT spot is not as much of a need coming into the draft so that does change some things.  Still they absolutely need to get a OG but keeping Hill does help a little bit in terms of being a quality backup and then still have Udoh.  

With the NFL currently I am sure a few receivers could fall through the cracks and they could get on the cheap, but in such a deep WR class I would hope they go WR early and maybe often after CB.  

They could still draft a OT in the 1st and kick Reiff into one of the guard spots where he has played before. 

I still think Austin Jackson is going to be a stud LT for many years in the NFL. I like him in the 1st round..

8 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

They could still draft a OT in the 1st and kick Reiff into one of the guard spots where he has played before. 

I still think Austin Jackson is going to be a stud LT for many years in the NFL. I like him in the 1st round..

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think Reiff has played guard since his redshirt freshman year in college which was over a decade ago. It's a big gamble counting on him to move inside.

Just now, vikestyle said:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think Reiff has played guard since his redshirt freshman year in college which was over a decade ago. It's a big gamble counting on him to move inside.

Agreed I do not recall him playing OG any time recently especially in the NFL.  If they think that is an option then great but only they know if it can be done based on practice and the work they have done with him.  Hill I would not want as a starting OT so then are left with Josh Jones or Austin Jackson but both could easily be gone by when the Vikings pick, especially Jackson going to Miami.

9 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

I like Austin Jackson a lot as well, if Reiff can move to guard which I doubt, Jackson I would like but doubt he is still on the board.

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

If they move Reiff to guard hopefully they still draft one fairly early as a backup plan

Yeah I guess I just don't see what that solves. Right now we need starters at both guard positions but we are okay at LT for the time being (of course he could be upgraded). If you kick Reiff inside but are still going to draft his backup plan early, then you're just creating a gigantic hole at LT and not solving one of the problems at guard.

4 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Yeah I guess I just don't see what that solves. Right now we need starters at both guard positions but we are okay at LT for the time being (of course he could be upgraded). If you kick Reiff inside but are still going to draft his backup plan early, then you're just creating a gigantic hole at LT and not solving one of the problems at guard.

Think Chicago would trade their two 2nd round picks for that 22nd 1st round pick?

If so the Vikings could get Jonah Jackson and John Simpson, arguably the two best OGs in the draft class and both would fit into the system especially Simpson.  And if not could get a very quality WR there also or a DE.  

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Think Chicago would trade their two 2nd round picks for that 22nd 1st round pick?

If so the Vikings could get Jonah Jackson and John Simpson, arguably the two best OGs in the draft class and both would fit into the system especially Simpson.  And if not could get a very quality WR there also or a DE.  

What would you think about going Ruiz at one of the 2 first round picks?

14 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Can’t imagine coming away with two starters along the OL. I think we just have to accept one of Hill or Samia starting. Don’t forget we need a WR, slot CB, DE, DT, and probably another boundary CB if you don’t trust Hill and Hughes.

21 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

My thought was if they drafted a LT in the first round they could move Reiff but still have someone developing behind him.

I wouldn't move him unless we upgrade LT