Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

I'd like to go the route of signing a "medium-vet" WR, and perserving top 130 picks to non-WR. 

Our record of drafting WRs highly is terrible and this coaching staff keeps them on the bench for most snaps, for 1-2 years

Where is this narrative coming from that they don't play young wide receivers? Diggs started 9 of 13 games his rookie year and 11 of 13 his second year. Are you talking about Treadwell? Patterson? They didn't play because they sucked.

I obviously agree that the 2 1st round receivers that have been around with this regime have been bad picks, but the thought that they don't play young wide receivers is made up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Alexander Is the only one I would have resigned. Would have hung on to our guard too. The rest are old or not worth what they got in Free Agency.

Exactly I liked those two. Feel like so many players shouldn't be jumping ship voluntarily and those two I Feel like were good players for us that were so cheap. Even as depth guys they had so much value.

2 hours ago, vikestyle said:

Where is this narrative coming from that they don't play young wide receivers? Diggs started 9 of 13 games his rookie year and 11 of 13 his second year. Are you talking about Treadwell? Patterson? They didn't play because they sucked.

I obviously agree that the 2 1st round receivers that have been around with this regime have been bad picks, but the thought that they don't play young wide receivers is made up.

I said highly drafted WRs .. which includes Treadwell and Patterson. I think Jarius Wright was brought along slowly. I think if I recall, Diggs got his real shot, after injuries, in like the 4th\5th game, something like that sticks in my head.

Regardless, very poor WR draft record with the high picks, so it's fair to hope to use the high picks this coming draft on non-WRs. Knowing Zimmer (aka DB guru), needs another highly picked CB, so i'd bank on 1 CB and maybe 1 LT\OL if we lucky

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

At this point I just want something. I need someone look up. There are a few Rumors and stuff but I want something real.

Wolfson keeps reporting that the Vikings are "fans" of Trent Williams and there was a rumor about an Alshon Jeffery trade 

I saw something about Jeffery from an Eagles blog.  Do we even have the cap to take on his salary?

15 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

I saw something about Jeffery from an Eagles blog.  Do we even have the cap to take on his salary?

The Vikings recently restructured Danielle Hunter to get more cap space.  I hope they do that with Barr as well, so they can have enough to possibly get Thuney in a trade, or pick up a decent vet WR, as a placeholder until the 2nd Round rookie they draft is comfortable with his new QB and The Vikings' system, and knows the playbook, and so, is ready to produce.  Otherwise Irv Smith and Rudolph, and Cook will have to be used a LOT, as Thielen will be doubled on virtually every play.

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Which is concerning to me

Teams are just going to double the hell out of Thielen and say "OK Bisi and Beebe....beat us."

There's a reason both Diggs & Thielen would slow down in production when the other was hurt. Now we're getting 16 games of that, seemingly. 

• Like 2