Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

If you want to know what analtics are read the books by Michael Lewis, such as money ball, blindside,  and especially "the undoing project."

Part of it covers behaviroual economics.

From wiki

Behavioral economics studies the effects of psychological, cognitive, emotional, cultural and social factors on the economic decisions of individuals and institutions and how those decisions vary from those implied by classical theory.[1]

Behavioral economics is primarily concerned with the bounds of rationality of economic agents. Behavioral models typically integrate insights from psychology, neuroscience and microeconomic theory.[2][3] The study of behavioral economics includes how market decisions are made and the mechanisms that drive public choice. The three prevalent themes in behavioral economics are:[4]

In 2002, psychologist Daniel Kahneman was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences "for having integrated insights from psychological research into economic science, especially concerning human judgment and decision-making under uncertainty".[5] In 2013, economist Robert J. Shiller received the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences "for his empirical analysis of asset prices" (within the field of behavioral finance)[6]. In 2017, economist Richard Thaler was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for "his contributions to behavioral economics and his pioneering work in establishing that people are predictably irrational in ways that defy economic theory".[7][8]

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, it’s not like the brilliance of all the geniuses on this board saw him as much either....

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587166&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

yes, that’s Keizer with more votes than Watson... 

1st page I had Trubisky with Mahomes a close second. Not going to read the whole thing but in the draft thread I desperately wanted to move up for Mahomes. Good times

51 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The patriots build a team, dorsey collected talent.

Dorsey sepnt all assets and didnt get us to the playoffs. And we are pauing to much to the wrong positions. 

We should of extended schobert already, we should have more future assrts in the draft. 

We shouldnt be paying 30 million for 2k recieving yards and 12 tds. 

We should of had carl nassib and someone else not named chad thomas.

Many of his moves were not analytics based, but whatever dorsey wanted to do at the time. 

It’s weird the hate that Jarvis and OBJ get. Here’s a list of guys overpaid:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cleveland-browns/

Other than Chubb and Myles. We can talk about how every player on that list is overpaid because we’re not winning. You want to pay Schoebert? We can talk about his terrible run defense and missed tackles.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I mean....

He’s been here for 1-15, 0-16, 7-9, 6-10. So my question is what would somebody dumb as crap do worse? If we have a losing record again next year, what has he done right....?

Record wise, any idiot couldn't do much worse.  Possibly even better.  Unfortunately, the record doesn't really reflect the stark difference in talent this team has gained under his tenure.

Let's look at what he took over.

fuqsmXi.png

And here is where we are now for quick reference.

d6sZOIN.png

I will let the results of The Strategy™ speak for themselves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I will let the results of The Strategy™ speak for themselves.

I see names on a 6-10 roster.

Now, obviously with foghorn leghorn being gone, that will improve things. However, my point still stands. A 1-15 made it to 6-10 a few years later.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I see names on a 6-10 roster.

Now, obviously with foghorn leghorn being gone, that will improve things. However, my point still stands. A 1-15 made it to 6-10 a few years later.

Yeah, but they're names of much more talented guys on the bottom one.

Let's give it a year or two to see how this whole "alignment" thing works out before making a final decision on whether or not it's actually working.  Jimmy's hirings seemed to indicate he thought clashing opinions would create more productive outcomes. Despite committing to "organizational alignment" in 2015, none of his hires ever seemed to share Paul and Sashi's vision.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Okay.

Let’s flip the question. What has Depo done right?

He (and his partners/coworkers) permanently changed how people scout and view players for one of the 3 major American sports.

This isn’t just some nerd who doesn’t understand how to apply analytics to a sport. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Yeah, but they're names of much more talented guys on the bottom one.

Let's give it a year or two to see how this whole "alignment" thing works out before making a final decision on whether or not it's actually working.  Jimmy's hirings seemed to indicate he thought clashing opinions would create more productive outcomes. Despite committing to "organizational alignment" in 2015, none of his hires ever seemed to share Paul and Sashi's vision.  

Nor did Haslam actually commit to the vision as he apparently agreed to at the time.

Jimmy got impatient and shtcanned the idea early as he was sick of losing. He was willing to give in to nonsense for a couple meaningless wins in November and December of a tank season.

People argue you don’t need a 5 year plan to rebuild in the NFL, and that may certainly be true, but the fact is Sashi and Co. weren’t even given 2.

Of the things we know “for sure” (or at least have been widely reported), the nerds actually have a good track record. 

* McDermott over Hue would seem to be correct

* NOT trading a 2 and 3 for soon to be UFA AJ McCarron.

* Making an unorthodox (by NFL standards) trade for Osweiler which led to future GOAT Nick Chubb.

* Favoring Stefanski over Freddie

As fear as passing on the QB’s, plenty of reports both ways as to who was responsible for that. Tbh, other than after the fact (as in, results known) articles from Hue’s fluffer  mouthpiece Michael Silver, Hue seemed to be all in on these decisions as well, so who really knows there? They were organizational misses for sure, but who’s mostly responsible for that we’ll likely never know.

• Like 3