Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:
o2jSOTqb_normal.jpg
"I was told #Browns chief strategy officer Paul DePodesta wanted analytics staff to be part of putting together the game plan with the head coach every Friday during the season..."

Isn't Friday a little late to be putting together a game plan?

I guessing it’s more to discuss tendencies and help prepare the coach than it is to determine play scripting and such.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love the analytics infusion, but the owner meeting is frightening as hell.

As if there’s nothing else a coach could be doing that’s more useful than trying to explain football to a hillbilly.

I’m good with the analytics part too. The dumbylitics not so much. 

Just now, nugpimpen said:

O good. That's what I want our HC doing for an hour every week, being 1 on 1 with the owner that has no business giving input or wasting the coach's time during the week. Jerry Jones does that ish. Come on man 

Seriously, just sign the checks and stay tf out the way.

You’d think even his simple arse woulda learned by now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

O good. That's what I want our HC doing for an hour every week, being 1 on 1 with the owner that has no business giving input or wasting the coach's time during the week. Jerry Jones does that ish. Come on man 

I’m reading that as more than one hour long. Hopefully Stefanski gets hazard pay in his contract. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guessing it’s more to discuss tendencies and help prepare the coach than it is to determine play scripting and such.

Idk, that kind of info should be the first thing brought up when introducing the team and staff to their next opponent. I know when I was in college, when we got into our scouting meeting Monday morning, we got all the stats, breakdown, and analytic type information that week. Why do it in the middle of the week, especially if you are trying to help the coaches

Just now, buno67 said:

Idk, that kind of info should be the first thing brought up when introducing the team and staff to their next opponent. I know when I was in college, when we got into our scouting meeting Monday morning, we got all the stats, breakdown, and analytic type information that week. Why do it in the middle of the week, especially if you are trying to help the coaches

Who’s to say it isn’t both?

I just think DePo is wanting an increased role for analytics in game prep, which is great imo.

What type of goober turns down the opportunity to sit with a guy like DePodesta so he can give you data to help you be better at your job?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

So let's get something straight...

Haslem wants alignment top down, but then he wants the new HC and GM go retain the coaching staff despite having no relationship and some of them sucking. Aka forced marriage. Aka not alignment. 

I am good with this hire but what am I missing about this faux alignment?

One coach already hired away, didnt they block some guys so Stef had the chance to decide to keep them or not

Just now, candyman93 said:

I have zero problem with Depo meeting with Stefanski.

Harbs allegedly does something similar with the nerds in Baltimore.

However, F the Haslam stuff

The Haslam stuff isn’t a huge deal, but it it an incredible waste of time.

If he wants to know what’s going on, sit in on the meetings.

If the meetings are over your head, just sign the damned checks.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Agree.

Kinda *** backward.