Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

Just now, .Buzz said:

You guys talked like he never ran the ball...he did plenty here.

His issue here was he never really got in a groove and didn't play enough to Minshews strengths.

No that wasn’t it, it was his runs with what we had. It was weird sweeps, and odd times to run the ball. He also wasn’t playing enough to our strengths. Of course we did “want to run” more. It was just he gave up on it as soon as we were down by 7 points. Our strength was never seeing Kirk pass 45+ times every game and trying to always nail 25 yard passes. We would hit rhythms whether it was running or pass it, he would abandon. It was just odd play calling and almost trying to hard to fool defenses sometimes. 

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

No that wasn’t it, it was his runs with what we had. It was weird sweeps, and odd times to run the ball. He also wasn’t playing enough to our strengths. Of course we did “want to run” more. It was just he gave up on it as soon as we were down by 7 points. Our strength was never seeing Kirk pass 45+ times every game and trying to always nail 25 yard passes. We would hit rhythms whether it was running or pass it, he would abandon. It was just odd play calling and almost trying to hard to fool defenses sometimes. 

Yeah, idk that we felt that here.

I was fine moving on but I would've also been fine him staying. He's not perfect but no coordinator is. Could do a lot worse.

Considering it was a mutual agreement to part ways, someone is hiring him as an OC otherwise he's an idiot.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

This was my takeaway from the few times I watched his offenses.  

Seemed to want to show out instead of just run consistent, efficient offense.

Dude can coach a QB though.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, sometimes that’s just an organization’s way of being magnanimous.

I guess we'll see, but I'd say it's quite odd the Eagles OC spot opened up and shortly after there was a mutual agreement to part ways.

17 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

alert: this is your hire. Edwards and Gray would be great for you guys. 

Also for what is worth, many thought in Minnesota he had a chance to become a DC again.  He has been on staff with Stefanski since 2014. 

Got Rhodes to improve his coverage until his decline (Rhodes just falling off)

Made Trae Wayne’s playable.

Mac Alexander became one of the best slot corners in the league.

developed Ant Harris into becoming one of the best safety’s in the league. 

Sendejo became a very good player for us. 

Sounds like his contract was up. Been with Zimmer since the beginning. Along with George Edwards. Would be interesting if they come as some sort of a package somewhere. 

With Grays history of helping find and develop safetys, I think bringing in these two would be great. 

53 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Vernon is a good DE, Garrett is an elite DE. Just because he had a down year doesn’t mean he is garbage. Mack looked fine as a rookie and should take a step forward next year especially if a defense will utilize his athletic ability. 

Mack made a few nice plays, but was awful overall. He took horrible angles the majority of the time. We need LBs who can cover TEs and keep Jackson in check and tackle. I'm not saying that he can't do it, but he'll need to show a lot of improvement.

6 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Mack made a few nice plays, but was awful overall. He took horrible angles the majority of the time. We need LBs who can cover TEs and keep Jackson in check and tackle. I'm not saying that he can't do it, but he'll need to show a lot of improvement.

The expectations for rookies in this forum are crazy.

Teams like the Ravens draft dudes and they may see the field (outside of r/t injury or ST) like, year 3.  We trot them out there as unprepared rookies (with vets also learning a new system as we fire the DC every year or two) and when they’re not balling out like guys who are vets who’ve been in the same system for years we crush them.

Gotta be patient with these guys, and just as importantly, give them some time in a system to grow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The expectations for rookies in this forum are crazy.

Teams like the Ravens draft dudes and they may see the field (outside of r/t injury or ST) like, year 3.  We trot them out there as unprepared rookies (with vets also learning a new system as we fire the DC every year or two) and when they’re not balling out like guys who are vets who’ve been in the same system for years we crush them.

Gotta be patient with these guys, and just as importantly, give them some time in a system to grow. 

I'm not having a go at him, but saying that he played well is wrong. He should have a vet in front of him. I wouldn't feel confident with him starting this season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I'm not having a go at him, but saying that he played well is wrong. He should have a vet in front of him. I wouldn't feel confident with him starting this season.

He did have a Vet in front of him......Kirsky got injured....

And IMO he played VERY well for a 5th round rookie....and he improved as the year went on.

I am not sure some folks understand how difficult it is to move to a different level of football....its not as simple as some think...

• Like 1