Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

3 hours ago, zelbell said:

you can breathe @Mind Character

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If chilly makes stefanskis transition easier than sure why not. As long as he’s not calling plays. 

YESSSS!! Ah man...... what a freakin relief...

We'd dodge a HUGE bullet if Stefanski does not reach out to Childress..

Childress is a brilliant offensive tactician and mind, but he's a terrible Energy Drain who drives division and creates tough working environments wherever he is.

He's the type that talks about people when they leave the room in ways that make those who he's talking to realize he probably talks about them when leave the same way.

He's just a person that power doesn't agree with. He also lacks discipline to keep his mouth shut when people/media ask him questions he shouldn't answer, and he is the the type that needs to make sure people outwardly acknowledge his positive efforts whenever he's doing them.

He also likes to play political games to increase his self-importance or need to be relied upon.

This isn't just from my observation from the outside, but what I've been told from people that have worked in his front offices.

When I went to the Senior Bowl a few years back, some of the funniest stories I heard from past and present scouts and front office guys were about Brad Childress.

To be clear, no one and I mean no one has anything bad to say about Childress as a purely offensive coach. A lot of people think he's one of the most brilliant offensive minds to have coached in the last few decades. That's how talented of a thinker people say he is.

It's just he's one of those people that can't get out of his own way with things that are outside of the field which end up carrying over to the field in time because players and coaches can't stand working in that environment.

The good news is Stefanksi having worked with him knows all of this very well. And will likely try to avoid it. It also speaks to how even-keeled Stefanski must be to have been that person's assistant putting out multiple relational fires probably on a daily basis. My fear was that he'd value the offensive mind of Childress and feel like he owed him for what by all accounts was Childress leaving his AAF HC position to be on Stefanski's staff during last year's coaching search.

Let's hope Stefanski stays the course or if he does end up bring Childress in it's an advisory role that has limited power and contact with key players, administrators, or personnel execs. In an advisory role where Kevin gives him calls to get his advice on head coaching things, he can be a resource for Stefanski.

Edited by Mind Character