What's More Brutal For The Texans

stl4life07

Losing 21-7 at home to the Colts in the playoffs last season OR losing after being up 24-0 on the road to the Chiefs in the playoffs this season?

I would say losing at home to the Colts last season in the playoffs was more brutal just because of how they played. Like the Texans literally didnt show up. This game against the Chiefs felt like everything was going right for the Texans and nothing was going right for the Chiefs BUT if the Chiefs somehow found that one play (the special teams return) to spark them they would get back in the game and thats what happened. It didnt feel like the Texans was just dominating them as the scoreboard indicated early. 

Either way though Im sure its hard for Texans fans. Bill O'Brien need to be fired because he literally is holding the team back because no way they should be up 24-0 and give up 34 straight points ESPECIALLY after what happened to them last season in the playoffs where they didnt show up against the Colts.

Edited by stl4life07

Just now, N4L said:

I havent seen something this premature since I was 13

Hey if the Texans come back to win they can thank me for this post lol.

Seriously though like 24-0 and the Chiefs literally go on a 41 unanswered run. Thats inexcusable and really cant be explained when you have Watson as your QB.

This one has to sting more. You go up that much in any setting, much less a championship game, you SHOULD be sailing off into the sunset. 

It's not just that they came out flat like last season or that they lost again this time, it's that it arguably should've been a win and instead turned into a route that wasn't nearly as close as it looks.

Take away spotted scores on the two turnovers and the garbage time TD when the game was already out of objectively reasonable reach, this was a 51-10 beat down. That's so much worse than a 21-7 sleepwalk loss. 

Earlier in the day I said that 7-9 hell is a real thing. Turns out, divisional round hell is also a real thing. That poses an interesting question, if you have a team that is talented on paper and is usually "in the mix" but can't get it done in the playoffs, what do you do? If you keep running it back, what's to suggest that the next result will be any different? But as long as you have a shiny AFC South divisional title every year, it's hard to get fired because you could easily do worse.

35 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

It's a unique situation.  What happened today was basically rock bottom for a good team that still knows they’ll make the playoffs next year.  

With a talent like Watson as your QB, being in the mix isn't good enough. When you have a guy that talented, people are going to expect rings. Only once in the history of the NFL has a head coach ever won a Super Bowl after not winning one in their first five seasons, and his name was Bill Cowher (and Cowher had some straight up embarrasing playoff moments that made you question him). Now you have to ask yourself, is BOB on that level that Cowher is? (No, obviously not.) If you think the answer is yes, then you're praying that the football gods basically hand you perfect RNG for one magical postseason run, otherwise you're going to end up wasting some fantastic talent. If you think the answer is no, you should cut bait immediately.