AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If you're really wanting to harp on the 99 number, just change it to "vast majority", and yes absolutely.

We went down early to Cleveland and stayed true to our gameplan and ended up beating them pretty convincingly.

I wasn't worried about 99 out of 100 because I don't necessarily disagree if most the time is 50+1, but emphasis on the 99 is saying the Titans fluked one out. And that game was no fluke because everyone knew what Tenn was going to do and they executed it while Balt reacted and abandoned their game. 

Personally I feel like the game was closer than 28-12, but it was no fluke.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We went down early to Cleveland and stayed true to our gameplan and ended up beating them pretty convincingly.

Well it was just 6-0 there would be no reason to abandon anything at that point. They were up 8 at the half, even though it was flukey stuff that made it happen. The 1st game against the Browns was different once the Browns took the lead back in the 2nd half they blew them out. Partly because of the Ingram fumble and then because they abandoned the run and had 3 and outs and interceptions until that last second TD.

46 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well it was just 6-0 there would be no reason to abandon anything at that point. They were up 8 at the half, even though it was flukey stuff that made it happen. The 1st game against the Browns was different once the Browns took the lead back in the 2nd half they blew them out. Partly because of the Ingram fumble and then because they abandoned the run and had 3 and outs and interceptions until that last second TD.

I mean really though with the way our offense scores and chews clock, even a 14-0 lead early in the 1st quarter isn't a reason to abandon anything like they did. It only exacerbated the problem and made things worse. But I hear you.

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Chris Jones plays he’ll be playing at 70% topps. Without a fully healthy Jones, this Titan OL and Henry could punch them in the mouth. Six of the most physical guys in football. They don’t have to keep up with Mahomes if he doesn’t have the ball. 

Chris Jones isn’t a very good run defender, could actually be a blessing in disguise lol

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Chris Jones isn’t a very good run defender, could actually be a blessing in disguise lol

Did you know, Ryan Tannehil is a Jedi Master, and only fights when needed? 

Mahomes will be outed. Anyone who eats ketchup on a steak is a Sith Lord in disguise. 100%, not debatable. It is the strongest indicator of evil/sith. 

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah, I keep seeing so much made of whether or not Chris Jones suits up, and honestly, us having Mike Pennel active for this game is a much bigger deal. Jones is probably our worst run defending DT. Chris Jones was a bigger loss against Houston, honestly, where he could've given more interior pressure to keep Watson from scrambling. The interior pressure would still be nice against the Titans, but he's also going to overrun or overpursue the occasional run play and get out of position.

45 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean really though with the way our offense scores and chews clock, even a 14-0 lead early in the 1st quarter isn't a reason to abandon anything like they did. It only exacerbated the problem and made things worse. But I hear you.

Realistically it isn't, for a run first offense you can't get much more high powered than the Ravens. Still, whether they should or not when they become pass first for whatever reason they are going to be more vulnerable. In games where Lamar had 25+ attempts (8 games) he had 13 TD and 8 INTs. In the 8 games with under 25 attempts he had 24 TD and 0 picks.

26 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, I keep seeing so much made of whether or not Chris Jones suits up, and honestly, us having Mike Pennel active for this game is a much bigger deal. Jones is probably our worst run defending DT. Chris Jones was a bigger loss against Houston, honestly, where he could've given more interior pressure to keep Watson from scrambling. The interior pressure would still be nice against the Titans, but he's also going to overrun or overpursue the occasional run play and get out of position.

Yeah he was the only guy I thought could actually wrap up Watson.

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mixture of both, but yes IMO we handed them the win. It's not like we came out and played a good game but they just played better. We played like garbage, and it wasn't really the result of the Titans playing better than us in most phases (unless you think dropped passes, penalties, abandoning your identity when you're down 14 in the 1st quarter are things out of your control?).

I think when you look at how many things needed to go right for them and wrong for the Ravens in order for them to win that game while playing so poorly offensively, can those things again replicate themselves against KC? I don't think so, personally.

I would get you saying that everything needed to go right yada yada yada if the game had been a close one... But it wasn't even close. We won by 16, and it was a bigger win than that. Baltimore's lone TD came when all the Titans cared about was keeping the clock running.

4 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I would get you saying that everything needed to go right yada yada yada if the game had been a close one... But it wasn't even close. We won by 16, and it was a bigger win than that. Baltimore's lone TD came when all the Titans cared about was keeping the clock running.

Everything went wrong, and that's why the game wasn't close....lol