2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

Also do you think Derwin James will last to our pick? I remember reading about him coming in to this year hearing he was a better prospect than Hooker/Adams and would be an elite S sooner rather than later. Part of me wants to see a Safety combo of Obi/Joseph before investing more back there, but at the same time if he is an elite prospect there's no way we pass on him right?

I wonder how we could get Obi on the field lots if we did get James.

54 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the scoop on Calvin Ridley? He's already the same age as Cooper is. I can't say I would be too excited with another Bama WR high when we have so many needs elsewhere, but with Gruden you never know. Is he an elite WR prospect worthy of the 9/#10 pick?

I think Ridley is a pretty good prospect, but I don't think he's a good match for Carr. I don't think he's worth a top 10 pick in any circumstance.

51 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Also do you think Derwin James will last to our pick? I remember reading about him coming in to this year hearing he was a better prospect than Hooker/Adams and would be an elite S sooner rather than later. Part of me wants to see a Safety combo of Obi/Joseph before investing more back there, but at the same time if he is an elite prospect there's no way we pass on him right?

I wonder how we could get Obi on the field lots if we did get James.

I'm not convinced he's an elite prospect. I'm not even convinced he's a better prospect than Melifonwu, who I was very high on last year. I wouldn't mind taking James, but the staff would need a plan to get all three players on the field.

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think Ridley is a pretty good prospect, but I don't think he's a good match for Carr. I don't think he's worth a top 10 pick in any circumstance.

I'm not convinced he's an elite prospect. I'm not even convinced he's a better prospect than Melifonwu, who I was very high on last year. I wouldn't mind taking James, but the staff would need a plan to get all three players on the field.

obi can come in on nickel and cover tes or blitz off corner

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the scoop on Calvin Ridley? He's already the same age as Cooper is. I can't say I would be too excited with another Bama WR high when we have so many needs elsewhere, but with Gruden you never know. Is he an elite WR prospect worthy of the 9/#10 pick?

No, but a WR doesn't have to be an elite prospect to be worthy of the 9/10 pick in the modern NFL.

He's a good receiver, but so are St. Brown, Christian Kirk, etc. A good receiver will fall to the 2nd, but there are other positions of need with more talented players available.

Bradly Chubb is being overrated some. Went back and looked at him. He wins with power and a non-stop motor. He's not a great athlete and doesn't bend the edge well.

He's going to be a good player, but he's not an elite edge rusher as some are making him out. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bradly Chubb is being overrated some. Went back and looked at him. He wins with power and a non-stop motor. He's not a great athlete and doesn't bend the edge well.

He's going to be a good player, but he's not an elite edge rusher as some are making him out. 

Some refer to him as more of a Joey Bosa than a Myles Garrett.  Sounds like you agree.

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

That's a good point. Carr seems to gravitate more towards the bigger body possession types. Sutton is more a guy that would fit with Carr.

30 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nah.

tnW5BJ.gif

BIYi6p.gif

dk80sZ.gif

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

That's a good point. Carr seems to gravitate more towards the bigger body possession types. Sutton is more a guy that would fit with Carr.

Auden Tate. big guy.. solid hands will be around in 3rd/4th

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That's a fair comparison, though Bosa was more of an athlete than they gave credit for.

Bosa was a MUCH better prospect that Landry coming out imo. Would’ve taken Bosa over any player in that draft not named Ramsey. Landry will be a good player in this league and I’d be happy with him at 10 but he’s no Bosa (not that you guys were saying they’re the exact same player).

Bosa was and is showing he’s an elite edge player in this league. Still pissed the Chargers took him. Thought they’d pull a charger and take Floyd or something. 

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Bosa was a MUCH better prospect that Landry coming out imo. Would’ve taken Bosa over any player in that draft not named Ramsey. Landry will be a good player in this league and I’d be happy with him at 10 but he’s no Bosa (not that you guys were saying they’re the exact same player).

Bosa was and is showing he’s an elite edge player in this league. Still pissed the Chargers took him. Thought they’d pull a charger and take Floyd or something. 

We're talking about Chubb. Landry... I'm bearish on. No real explosive pass rushers in this class. Some good ones, but none that really jump off the screen.

Archived