Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

12 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Keion White is going to be in it for the long haul.

While I wouldn't take him round one, it wouldn't shock me if he snuck into that back end of day 1.  We all tend to get into groupthink when it comes to ranking prospects and year after year after year we usually find out there are guys some teams are way higher on that the online consensus.

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

While I wouldn't take him round one, it wouldn't shock me if he snuck into that back end of day 1.  We all tend to get into groupthink when it comes to ranking prospects and year after year after year we usually find out there are guys some teams are way higher on that the online consensus.

Age drops him 15-20 spots, IMO. I think he goes somewhere near the middle of round 2.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Age drops him 15-20 spots, IMO. I think he goes somewhere near the middle of round 2.

I think that's likely, although he does have a niche size and length profile which makes him a fit for teams picking at the back-end of the first. 

14 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

He'll go in the first 6-7 picks

If he gets past 6, Raiders aren’t touching him after the Ruggs stuff. And Atlanta doesn’t draft negative character guys. He could go 9 to Chicago. I think that’s his floor though. Probably gets drafted 5 to Seattle or 6 to Detroit. His ceiling is 4 to Indy. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And Atlanta doesn’t draft negative character guys.

Wasn't Takk McKinley a character flag guy? Or was he just a moron? It's hard to remember for some of these guys. 

With Grady Jarrett and Calais Campbell in house they might feel more comfortable absorbing Jalen Carter into their organization. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If he gets past 6, Raiders aren’t touching him after the Ruggs stuff. And Atlanta doesn’t draft negative character guys. He could go 9 to Chicago. I think that’s his floor though. Probably gets drafted 5 to Seattle or 6 to Detroit. His ceiling is 4 to Indy. 

I still don't understand comparing Carter's situation to Ruggs situation, other than they were both auto related. Is Josh Jacobs incident related to? He crashed his car under weird circumstances. 

And FWIW, local writer has said Carter would be in play with a trade back potentially but did say they wouldn't take him at 7. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I still don't understand comparing Carter's situation to Ruggs situation, other than they were both auto related. Is Josh Jacobs incident related to? He crashed his car under weird circumstances. 

And FWIW, local writer has said Carter would be in play with a trade back potentially but did say they wouldn't take him at 7. 

I really think we would pass on him at 7. Even though I would personally select him. 

53 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Seems to be a sudden shift back towards Levis being a top pick again.

Is the shift really just in the draft pundit circles? It seems the talking heads are always trying to read the tea leaves during this season of smokescreens and misinformation. I bet the scouts and NFL people get a good laugh at the back-and-forth searching for scraps in the draft media.

Edited by nicfre2011
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Is the shift really just in the draft pundit circles? It seems the talking heads are always trying to read the tea leaves during this season of smokescreens and misinformation. I bet the scouts and NFL people get a good laugh at the back-and-forth searching for scraps in the draft media.

Oh for sure