Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

allbright has the niners trade up with the jaguars in a pick swap trade plus aiyuk and the niners pick thomas at 17

🤣 oh boy that's awful. I don't like BTJ for the 49ers.. Bills or Steelers all the way

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

allbright has the niners trade up with the jaguars in a pick swap trade plus aiyuk and the niners pick thomas at 17

Yeah, he specified that he had other moving parts in that deal but I'm not sure he ever said what it was

*edit*

he did, apparently it was a 4th 

Man, if the niners moved Aiyuk for a pick swap and a 4th,  that would be brutal. That's like mid- late second round value. Just brutal. 

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

NE trades 3 to Minn for 11 and 23 (and other next season*), drafts JJ McCarthy at 11, offers 23 for Aiyuk.

😎

From the sound of it, 23 is an overpay on Aiyuk right now. There is not a lot of smoke that he's not going to return a first round pick. 

The question is whether the 49ers will move him without it. Silver says they have stood pretty firm on that, but the expectation from other GMs is that a second and third will get it done. Unfortunately for Aiyuk, at the end of the day, his hands are kind of tied. Its not like I'd envision him sitting out a full year or anything. 

Some stuff from Joe Schoen

This year, the Giants gave more players first-round grades than they did in the last draft.

“We’ve got 15 players in the first round,” Schoen said. Last year, we had 11. Every year it’s different based on what you’re given. You don’t put them there just for posterity or just a visual for window dressing. These are guys that we think deserve first-round grades. If they’re not up there, you put them in the second. You put them where their grade is. We don’t put 32 guys up there to have 32 guys in the first round.

“I think each year the ebbs and flows of where the depth of the draft is and where you can acquire players, it shifts based on different variables.”

Schoen will be gathering intel right up to the moment the Giants draft their first player, whether it’s sixth or elsewhere.

“I’m going to make a lot of phone calls on Thursday,” he said. “Hopefully, some information will start to trickle out in terms of what’s going to happen in front of us so we can continue to headcount who may be there at six, or what we may be doing, if we're going to move up, back, or stay where we are. So just try to gather as much information as I can, again, talk to the other general managers around the league. If anybody wants to come up to six, get those agreements in place. Things will happen fast once you're on the clock, so you’ve got to be ready.”

Edited by EL Guapo

34 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

Some stuff from Joe Schoen

This year, the Giants gave more players first-round grades than they did in the last draft.

“We’ve got 15 players in the first round,” Schoen said. Last year, we had 11. Every year it’s different based on what you’re given. You don’t put them there just for posterity or just a visual for window dressing. These are guys that we think deserve first-round grades. If they’re not up there, you put them in the second. You put them where their grade is. We don’t put 32 guys up there to have 32 guys in the first round.

“I think each year the ebbs and flows of where the depth of the draft is and where you can acquire players, it shifts based on different variables.”

Schoen will be gathering intel right up to the moment the Giants draft their first player, whether it’s sixth or elsewhere.

“I’m going to make a lot of phone calls on Thursday,” he said. “Hopefully, some information will start to trickle out in terms of what’s going to happen in front of us so we can continue to headcount who may be there at six, or what we may be doing, if we're going to move up, back, or stay where we are. So just try to gather as much information as I can, again, talk to the other general managers around the league. If anybody wants to come up to six, get those agreements in place. Things will happen fast once you're on the clock, so you’ve got to be ready.”

Damn, the niners have 22 first round grades

2 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

no 4 qbs with the first 4 picks according to jay glazer.
and jc lathum is rising big time.

Chargers seem like a clear match for latham. I know people like zierlein have indicated this possibility before

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Chargers seem like a clear match for latham. I know people like zierlein have indicated this possibility before

So has Kiper. He's been beating the drum of Latham for a bit now

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

He makes sense for them. Would like a trade down but I can see them grabbing him. 

The Niners going to move Aiyuk for a 2nd and another pick?

7 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Could Latham really go before both Alt and Fashanu?!

I'd think its unlikely.  I would say that the Chargers probably like Latham a lot for many reasons, and may trade down a bit to grab him and some more assets. I could easily see him above Fashanu though.

I think Latham is who the Chargers pick after they move down (and then possibly subsequently move back up.)

Like if you're the Chargers you happily take the #11+#23 + change for #5 if the Vikings are moving up for a QB after the Cards take MHJ..  Only danger is that the Jets take Latham, because goodness knows their starting 5 OL isn't going to last 17 games, but I think they would go a different direction for what OL they like.

Edited by PossibleCabbage