Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If a team drafts Latham over Alt, that is fire-worthy, for me.

Seen the comment above that maybe alt has been overrated, and perhaps, but I am one of those in that case. He’s incredible 

I wouldn't draft Latham over Jordan Morgan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If a team drafts Latham over Alt, that is fire-worthy, for me.

Seen the comment above that maybe alt has been overrated, and perhaps, but I am one of those in that case. He’s incredible 

Yeah, put me in that camp too.  Two years of consistently high end tape, excellent results against top end DLs, measurables, elite athleticism, NFL bloodlines, all the traits (except maybe pad level a little bit) and untapped potential since he's only been playing tackle like three years.

I don't understand what there isn't to like about him as a prospect.  If you get rid of Sewell, I don't think I've had an OT marked as highly as I have Alt since Jake Matthews/Taylor Lewan.

59 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't draft Latham over Jordan Morgan

But I wouldn't go that far.  Latham has the best anchor in this entire class.  He's an immovable object, and that is definitely worth something.  His movement ability worries me, but he's not absolutely abysmal.  I think he's worth a mid to late first.

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, put me in that camp too.  Two years of consistently high end tape, excellent results against top end DLs, measurables, elite athleticism, NFL bloodlines, all the traits (except maybe pad level a little bit) and untapped potential since he's only been playing tackle like three years.

I don't understand what there isn't to like about him as a prospect.  If you get rid of Sewell, I don't think I've had an OT marked as highly as I have Alt since Jake Matthews/Taylor Lewan.

But I wouldn't go that far.  Latham has the best anchor in this entire class.  He's an immovable object, and that is definitely worth something.  His movement ability worries me, but he's not absolutely abysmal.  I think he's worth a mid to late first.

His feet and agility are awful

I think he'd make a very good guard, but he's going to fail miserably at Tackle IMO. He's big but he doesn't have the functional athleticism to go along with it.

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I can see it. Harbaugh wants to run the ball and Latham is a really good run blocker.  

Then trade down to the teens if you can.  Taking a RT at 5 when there are generational talents at WR there is criminal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Then trade down to the teens if you can.  Taking a RT at 5 when there are generational talents at WR there is criminal.

It is. Titans might be about to do the same dang thing.

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

That's 100 percent what I would do if I was Joe Hortiz, but I'm not the one making the decision.