Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

47 minutes ago, massraider said:

Look, if you are a white guy from Wyoming named Logan, the only first round you going in is the NHL, m'kay pumpkin?

Ah, but I heard they said the same thing about white guys named Leighton from Idaho and farming...

If you think back a year....

- The hype around DK metcalf was unreal, and whilst most of us were more realistic than your average social media hack/fan - most still had him in 1st round

- Ferrell done the tour de scout - aka, from being mocked as a possible number 2 overall all the way through to the 3rd round. He's one that kept getting put backwards as time went on, only for him to be drafted VERY early

- Ed Oliver begun getting no 2 overall vibes, taking over Quinnen

- Rashan Gary was getting bust, undrafted, round 2 and beyond vibes

- Sweat or Allen was most people's 1st pass rusher off the board

point is that a) we don't have a f clue, really and b) we probably over-analyse at this late stage. But it's SOO fun :D 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

I've always felt that. The Lions run defense is depleted

They let go of Snacks recently, and Robinson got signed away. Who even are their tackles right now?

I had to look it up: Frank Herron and John Atkins are the 2 starting DTs according to their depth chart. They also have no backups behind those guys.

They signed Desmond Trufant at least to offset the loss of Slay. For DT, they have nothing. If they factor in need, Brown makes more sense than Okudah, assuming they stay at 3.

11 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

- The hype around DK metcalf was unreal, and whilst most of us were more realistic than your average social media hack/fan - most still had him in 1st round

- Ferrell done the tour de scout - aka, from being mocked as a possible number 2 overall all the way through to the 3rd round. He's one that kept getting put backwards as time went on, only for him to be drafted VERY early

point is that a) we don't have a f clue, really and b) we probably over-analyse at this late stage. But it's SOO fun :D 

I don't even care that 90% of 'information' coming out now is false. We have no sports. Give me any information as fast as you can and I'll be overjoyed.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I don't even care that 90% of 'information' coming out now is false. We have no sports. Give me any information as fast as you can and I'll be overjoyed.

Yeah tell me about it. We're all going to enter a refractory period after the draft xD

31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The thing is, it only takes one team to prove the public right or wrong on a players projected draft slot. 

What if Oakland was the only team to rate Ferrell that high? What if they didn’t take him and traded back to 15? Could he still be there? Possibly. What if Buffalo was picking at 3? Maybe they preferred Oliver to Williams and would have made the pick, securing Oliver’s top 3 status. What if the Giants passed on Jones first at 6th overall and came back to take him with their second FRP?

We just don’t know.

EDIT: Just to add to this, by all reputable accounts the Bengals were ready to take Andre Dillard at 11 in 2019. It just so happens Jonah Williams was unexpectedly on the board. Dillard then fell all the way to 22. Does that mean the public perception was wrong considering Dillard was getting top 10 hype leading up to the draft?

Edited by SmittyBacall

22 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

and to this point I think we see more Ferrell’s this year than we’re currently anticipating. Some out of the blue player is going to go in the top 10, and a lot of random picks near the end of round 1

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

and to this point I think we see more Ferrell’s this year than we’re currently anticipating. Some out of the blue player is going to go in the top 10, and a lot of random picks near the end of round 1

I sure hope so (although not to the Jags). Worked out pretty well last year when that happened.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm assuming this is happening but anyone know if they're doing another mock draft today so people learn where the mute button is? 

Think it's been reported they're likely to go through it again but they haven't said when.

• Like 1