Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

20 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Jedrick Wills is now the likeliest tackle to be taken first according to my betting site. 

Those are pretty damn good odds on Thomas considering the hype he’s been getting over this last week.

Wills -125

Wirfs +100

Thomas +700

Becton +1000

Is NYG set on taking a right tackle (like Wirfs or Wills) over a left tackle? Does Nate Solder’s age (32) and efficacy mean Thomas could be in play as his eventual replacement?

Is there a site that has the most draft props?

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The calculus for me would be:

How much higher do you have Chase Young graded than the prospect you can draft a few spots later?  I understand it would still be a premier talent, but that wouldn't matter to me if I'm giving up the chance to draft a JJ Watt to draft Ryan Kerrigan and Jarvis Jenkins (which actually happened).  Or giving up a chance to draft Demarcus Lawrence by trading back with the Cowboys (smh) and drafting Trent Murphy and Spencer Long.  As you can see, the Redskins have done this drill before and come to regret it.

Even if we traded back and ended up with a couple of fringe pro-bowlers and a solid starter (which is highly unlikely), while Young became a perennial All-Pro, I would still hate the trade.  If you grade Young significantly higher than the next tier of prospects, it would take at least two 1sts this year, a 2nd this year and a 1st next year to get me to move off my spot, especially since your trading parter is likely trading up for a QB.

Yeah, I guess it's one thing to miss out on a starting quarterback where the value of the position far outweighs anything else on the field. What could be an outstanding edge player (could, because it's a projection like everything else) versus a trade back not too far, plus picks I'd have to really consider depending what that offer was. You'd think any trade up to 2 would come with a generous offer. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Yeah, I guess it's one thing to miss out on a starting quarterback where the value of the position far outweighs anything else on the field. What could be an outstanding edge player (could, because it's a projection like everything else) versus a trade back not too far, plus picks I'd have to really consider depending what that offer was. You'd think any trade up to 2 would come with a generous offer. 

Starts with next year's 1st, and goes up from there.  Moving to 2, that's a big move, no matter where you move from.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

My betting website has Wills as the favorite to be the first OL taken now. Giants going that way possibly? Or going somewhere else at 4?

It's been reported by a few people that they hear he's the favorite/co-favorite with Wirfs.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Really? Recent? I've missed that.

Yup, Wills is the odds-on favorite right now. Besides the fact that his tape is as good as any other lineman in this draft, he is a natural fit at RT so we won't have to displace Solder, and there is the Giants-Alabama connection now with Judge (worked under Saban for years) and new RB coach Burton Burns.

• Like 1