New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Might just be me, but the idea the team is tied to a QB because of how difficult Gruden's offense is to learn is mind boggling. 

Maybe he should make his offense more accessible to QBs coming in so he can craft the offense to the right skill set?

If it's so hard to grasp that it takes 2 years and you'll ride with an average QB because of it, that's a problem IMO.

Honestly i think Gruden gets too much of a pass. It’s always put at the feet of the players not ever his decisions as the head coach. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly i think Gruden gets too much of a pass. It’s always put at the feet of the players not ever his decisions as the head coach. 

Honestly its probably cause he got 7 or 8 more years here. While everybody else will come and go. So it's easier to blame others cause if feels like if it's not his fault we still got a great chance to fix it. 

Still on hiatus from this thread, but since @big_palooka keeps quoting me about Carrs work ethic:

Where did I ever say Carrs work ethic is bad? I even said he has good work ethic multiple times. This is another character-assassination post and twisting things to support your Bay-Hating narrative. I was comparing Carrs work ethic to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning considering we might indeed sign Tom Brady. What makes Tom so great is his work ethic, which is literally unmatched, no dig to Carr. Tom Brady breaths football. Divorce rumors because he studies too much tape. People who know him says he talks about football 16 hours a day. He doesn’t come out of the film room. He constantly strategizes with players in the off-season, etc. 

Don’t sit here and tell me I called Carrs work ethic bad. Because I didn’t. Didn’t even imply it, and it’s just more ridiculous twisting by you. What I said is it’s no where close to Tom Brady, which is true. If you think I’m alone on this go post Carr has the same work ethic as Tom Brady in the NFL General Forum, Patriot Forum, Twitter, Youtube, or Facebook and get absolutely obliterated. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Still on hiatus from this thread, but since @big_palooka keeps quoting me about Carrs work ethic:

Where did I ever say Carrs work ethic is bad? I even said he has good work ethic multiple times. This is another character-assassination post and twisting things to support your Bay-Hating narrative. I was comparing Carrs work ethic to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning considering we might indeed sign Tom Brady. What makes Tom so great is his work ethic, which is literally unmatched, no dig to Carr. Tom Brady breaths football. Divorce rumors because he studies too much tape. People who know him says he talks about football 16 hours a day. He doesn’t come out of the film room. He constantly strategizes with players in the off-season, etc. 

Don’t sit here and tell me I called Carrs work ethic bad. Because I didn’t. Didn’t even imply it, and it’s just more ridiculous twisting by you. What I said is it’s no where close to Tom Brady, which is true. If you think I’m alone on this go post Carr has the same work ethic as Tom Brady in the NFL General Forum, Patriot Forum, Twitter, Youtube, or Facebook and get absolutely obliterated. 

This isn't about comparing to Tom Brady. It's about your nonstop diatribes against Derek Carr and blatantly making things up to fit your narrative.

You've on more than one occasion mentioned Carr's religion and family as distraction from him "being obsessed with football". You've called him a beta-male. Ignored positive stats in his favor while same time using negative stats for your narrative. 

You've been proven in several threads to make stuff up when you are backed into a corner. See your "I talked to an intern at PFF" comment lol.

I have no agenda against you. I disagree with you on certain subjects. Will call out non-sense and your default position is to read that as "Bay-Hating" because it's easier to gaslight an opposing poster than actually have a sound argument. 

Case and point, your over the top Jordan Love homerism. Despite stats to that show he struggles with accuracy and struggles under pressure posted by various posters, you just try to flip it into a conversation about Herbert. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I have no agenda against you. I disagree with you on certain subjects. Will call out non-sense and your default position is to read that as "Bay-Hating" because it's easier to gaslight an opposing poster than actually have a sound argument. 

Case and point, your over the top Jordan Love homerism. Despite stats to that show he struggles with accuracy and struggles under pressure posted by various posters, you just try to flip it into a conversation about Herbert. 

Gaslighting is exactly what you do. To the textbook, literal definition. The things you accuse me of doing are the things that you are the one that actually does himself. Then you bend the narrative to make your post sound accurate and convincing, usually in your flame posts against me. This is why I think you are a narcissist. The main characteristic of a narcissist is accusing someone of something they didn’t do, when they are the ones that did it themself instead, and then try to convince others that the other person is in the wrong. This is you. It’s exactly what you do. For a more prime example, listen to Jonny Depp and his Ex Wifes videos on Youtube that came out recently. You are the Ex-Wife to a complete T. That’s why I don’t bother responding to you much anymore, there is no debating with a narcissist. 

As for Love, still don’t get how I’m a homer which you won’t elaborate on. It’s just another Bay-Hating narrative trope. I’ve said his INTs have nothing to do with accuracy. Backed by Orlovsky and JT O Sullivan. I feel he is one of the more accurate QBs in this class. Much more accurate than Herbert and Eason. That’s not even a controversial opinion at all. Do you venture outside this forum? Have I said Love is the best prospect in this class? No. Have I said he’s not a project? No. He’s my QB3 and a Project. And I’ve made many critiques on him. And I don’t think he comes close to Burrow/Tua. He is also QB3 on a ridiculous amount of big boards.

So without the flames, without the twists, without the narrative, with intelligent posting that isn’t filled with your usual Bay-Hating derogative, how am I a Jordan Love homer? I honestly don’t get it. I think it’s just more of your narrative twisting attempts to try to discredit my reputation and character, which you seem obsessed with. And I’m literally not trying to start anything by saying that. It’s just an obvious assessment. 

Edited by BayRaider

55 minutes ago, Totty said:

Can someone PLEASE take the trash out??? 🚯

It's exhausting really. 

It's one thing if he constantly preached this garbage as his opinion. But he is constantly telling us what Gruden and Mayock are going to do. That's what gets me.

Then when FA and the draft passes and we don't sign Brady. And we dont use one of those 5 picks in the top 92 for a QB. He will have a whole bag of excuses...

It's like the Kyler Murray crap. He always says if Murray was there at 4, Gruden would have picked him. He says it like its fact. When at best its speculation. And in reality its flat out not true. 

The truth is this. Gruden and Mayock are not dumb... Gruden and Mayock know what they have in Carr. They know that of the available options Brady is the only QB, in FA or the Draft, that makes the 2020 Raiders better. The issue Mayock is facing is; is there an option if they sign Brady where they are in a better situation in 2021 and beyond. And I think in the end that will be the deciding factor for if we pursue Brady.

I personally don't think there is an option out there that makes us better in 2021 and beyond that we can pair with Brady that puts us in a better situation then if we kept Carr.

If Mayock and Gruden think there is a guy, his name is Jake Fromm, then I will roll with it. But I definitely don't think Love is a Gruden fit at QB.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

It's exhausting really. 

It's one thing if he constantly preached this garbage as his opinion. But he is constantly telling us what Gruden and Mayock are going to do. That's what gets me.

Then when FA and the draft passes and we don't sign Brady. And we dont use one of those 5 picks in the top 92 for a QB. He will have a whole bag of excuses...

It's like the Kyler Murray crap. He always says if Murray was there at 4, Gruden would have picked him. He says it like its fact. When at best its speculation. And in reality its flat out not true. 

The truth is this. Gruden and Mayock are not dumb... Gruden and Mayock know what they have in Carr. They know that of the available options Brady is the only QB, in FA or the Draft, that makes the 2020 Raiders better. The issue Mayock is facing is; is there an option if they sign Brady where they are in a better situation in 2021 and beyond. And I think in the end that will be the deciding factor for if we pursue Brady.

I personally don't think there is an option out there that makes us better in 2021 and beyond that we can pair with Brady that puts us in a better situation then if we kept Carr.

If Mayock and Gruden think there is a guy, his name is Jake Fromm, then I will roll with it. But I definitely don't think Love is a Gruden fit at QB.

Yeah.  I've been called a Carr homer.  A Stan or whatever the F that means.  I support the guy.  He's our QB.  I will support any QB that's sporting silver and black.  There's just not a better option at this point.  Bradys two year fix max then the QB hunt is back on again.  

Furthermore... What young QB had Gruden EVER developed?  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Totty said:

Yeah.  I've been called a Carr homer.  A Stan or whatever the F that means.  I support the guy.  He's our QB.  I will support any QB that's sporting silver and black.  There's just not a better option at this point.  Bradys two year fix max then the QB hunt is back on again.  

Brett Favre lol. No I agree I don't think he likes to or wants to develop a rookie QB. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Totty said:

I rather have a 2 year fix while developing a young QB which is what most of us who are tired of Carr been saying.

• Like 3

Can i just ask, to all those who always bring up DC as the worst winning percentage after 6 years..

why do you even care about the draft, and throw out mock drafts?

its clearly a qb league, and it doesnt matter if your team sucks... its just about the best qb right?

anything someone says about the roster is just thrown out as a DC excuse, and a good QB would overcome it. 

so lets just trade everything we have, including our next 15 1st and 2nd round picks for mahommes!!
or is it more than just qb? and wins not a qb stat??

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Can i just ask, to all those who always bring up DC as the worst winning percentage after 6 years..

why do you even care about the draft, and throw out mock drafts?

its clearly a qb league, and it doesnt matter if your team sucks... its just about the best qb right?

anything someone says about the roster is just thrown out as a DC excuse, and a good QB would overcome it. 

so lets just trade everything we have, including our next 15 1st and 2nd round picks for mahommes!!
or is it more than just qb? and wins not a qb stat??

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a98f0446424079e5015

• Like 3