2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

All this Henry talks does make me wonder what guys like Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Eric Dickerson and other all time great RBs would make in today's "devauled" NFL RB market. If a 26 year old Barry Sanders was a current free agent and got a Zeke/Gurley type deal, how many would consider it a "bad" deal?

What level does a RB need to be at for it not to be considered an overpay(talking 13+ mil a year) in today's NFL? 

And I want to emphisize that Henry isn't an all time great (yet). But for all we know he could be in the middle of an all time great/hall of fame career.

• Like 1

But going back and looking at our winning streak, I'm not comfortable with it totally.

It took some blocked field goals, strip/fumbles, defensive TDs to get some of those 30 point games. 
And it took some 4th quarter winning.
I think, if we keep the offense together, we can bully teams into 10-11 wins. But it will be the playoffs when we get against the KC like teams that is the problem, unless we get some more defense.

Point being, I think we could easily fall into a 6-10 season if we not careful. 

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I just find it hilarious that the Rams - one of, if not the most, analytically driven teams in the league - decided to make Gurley the richest RB in NFL history xD xD

And also pay Jared Goff $110m guaranteed, the QB McVay literally had to read defenses for, and finally got exposed once defenses caught on to not show their hand until the communication cuts off between the coach and QB. Those two contracts, among other issues, kept them from keeping their o-line together, and we saw how badly they suffered for it this year. Not only do they have that issue, but they're consistently trading away every meaningful draft pick they have.

They've now chosen to let Wade Phillips go and hired a guy who has never been anything more than an outside linebackers coach to have full control of their defense.

McVay's/Rams FO's "genius" tag is starting to look really phony really quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

So when are yall thinking we’ll pick a QB? I think it’s a foregone conclusion that we pick one with the cap issues we’ll have and no backup. I’m thinking they try to nab one late day 2/early day 3.

Your thoughts?

I always say it depends on who we sign

If we bring back Tannehill then we can always sign a veteran to back him up 

If they some how signed Brady then 2nd or 3rd round or later this year is on the table 

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I always say it depends on who we sign

If we bring back Tannehill then we can always sign a veteran to back him up 

If they some how signed Brady then 2nd or 3rd round or later this year is on the table 

See, I think it's likely they draft one whether it's Tannehill or not.  Backup QBs cost money that could be spent on other positions that we plan to actually have on the field.  Plus, Tannehill has an injury history, and since our entire FO seems to come from the Pats, the whole developing a backup QB thing to either take over or trade for profit seems like it'd be in their wheelhouse.

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

See, I think it's likely they draft one whether it's Tannehill or not.  Backup QBs cost money that could be spent on other positions that we plan to actually have on the field.  Plus, Tannehill has an injury history, and since our entire FO seems to come from the Pats, the whole developing a backup QB thing to either take over or trade for profit seems like it'd be in their wheelhouse.

Either way, I don't see our backup QB being someone to depend on this year. We got lucky this year. 

But next  year, I think it's gonna be Cassel/Gabbert like and can't depend on the spot for much of anything, if they are called on. 

Even thought this year seemed to be clean, Tanny hasn't gone a full 16 in a couple years now. 

13 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I just find it hilarious that the Rams - one of, if not the most, analytically driven teams in the league - decided to make Gurley the richest RB in NFL history xD xD

Worked well for them. Prioritized RB over OL and their best run blocker came here and paved way for a career year for Henry.

14 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s been doing it since the titans turned the offense over to him. Now Tannehill doing it again is the Bigger question 

He did it for 8 weeks in a 4 year career.

Demarco Murray was only good enough to prevent him from starting in his first season.

After that, the only reason Henry couldn't get the reps is because he simply wasn't getting it done on a consistent basis. Definitely nothing like this.

You all sound like the Mariota crowd making excuses when you try to make up reasons for him only having x amount of success prior to this year. He wasn't getting it done consistently and we all know that. 

There's no doubt that Tannehill duplicating his success is a question, but it's not some foregone conclusion that our running game will suck without Henry and average 180 YPG with him.

Edited by TitanSS

45 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'd let Ryan walk. I'd want him to stay but overall i don't see a reason to bring him back at a high price tag. Drafting a CB with a premium pick is more legit to me.

Conklin, Henry and Tannehill.  Pay them, franchise one if need be. 

Agree with Ryan being the one to walk if I had to pick. However, I don't think corner is a big problem for us. I think the pass rush is. We already have invested heavily in the secondary. Time we did on our pass rush.

• Like 1