Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Also have fun with that Dee Ford contract. Dude was invisible all game long. Look at me now oh, I'm getting paper.

We can cut him at any point in the contract with zero dead cap. He has 5 1 year deals with us and basically none of it is guaranteed

He is also injured and will be having knee surgery in the next few weeks. 

He's a great fit here and we are happy with him on our team. 

• Like 2

Some thoughts:

Was Andy Reid watching old Notre Dame tapes this month?

Knute Rockne backfield turn shift? Lou Holtz style option? Cool.

A lot of talk about the QBs, but two of biggest hero’s of game were Bosa and Chris Jones and I would add 49ers oline in first half.  

Mahomes wasn’t that good until the fourth quarter.  Then he did his thing.

That three and out in fourth for 49ers was crushing.  Not scoring at end of first half also came back to haunt them. 

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Some thoughts:

Was Andy Reid watching old Notre Dame tapes this month?

Knute Rockne backfield turn shift? Lou Holtz style option? Cool.

A lot of talk about the QBs, but two of biggest hero’s of game were Bosa and Chris Jones and I would add 49ers oline in first half.  

Mahomes wasn’t that good until the fourth quarter.  Then he did his thing.

That three and out in fourth for 49ers was crushing.  Not scoring at end of first half also came back to haunt them. 

Shanahan deserves heaps of criticism for not calling a timeout right before half time to get the ball back with a minute twenty left. Dude was rolling over... against Mahomes!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think it's a tad cruel that all off-season I told you and jrry repeatedly that the Superbowl hangover was real and you kept saying it wasn't. Now here we are 

We should be able to run it back with mostly the same squad. We don't have many draft picks though 

I never said Superbowl hangover wasnt real its just hard but we saw the Seahawks, Patriots, Eagles, and Falcons all make the playoffs following going to the Superbowl the previous seasons in recent years. The Rams were the only team with a winning record last season that didnt make the playoffs. If only Zeurlein makes that FG in Seattle we wouldve been talking about the Rams in the playoffs. Again its hard but I never said Superbowl hangover wasnt real. 

43 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Thats because its so hard but the Niners will be in the mix barring a Jimmy G injury or just in general a mass unit of injuries. They have a strong foundation so they arent a one year wonder. I do think next season is going to be interesting though because of the Superbowl hangover.

Gotta pull a '72 Dolphins now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

There’s a LOT of things to blast (won’t say name to cause a fight on here) for being stupid about.

However, the Kansas City, Kansas thing is a *little* silly. It’s shared by Kansas and Missouri. Yes, I know Arrowhead is in Missouri, but your average non-diehard isn’t going to know that.

Counterpoint: it's been 12 months since you served Clemson a bunch of fast food for winning the Natty. You better know exactly where Andy Reid is at all times.

It still feels surreal. We're Super Bowl Champions and writing this gets me tears of joy in my eyes.

I just wrote an essay in german about the importance, our way to this vicotry and what it feels like. It's crazy. I can't imagine, what it must feels like for lifelong Chiefs fans. For all those Chiefs fans out there, maybe living all their lives without a Super Bowl victory and finally got one, must feel like the greatest feeling on earth and a thousand times more emotional than everything that i can feel right now, after beeing a fan of the game and the Chiefs for just 6 years. I'm so happy for Andy Reid and this team. I'm so happy for the fans. It's absolutely unbelievable. Since this team started building, especially since Andy Reid became our head coach it was all in the making. Unfortunately there are legends out there, that aren't part of the team anymore to witness and get their well deserved victory. Just in those past years guys like Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Tamba Hali and even Justin Houston. All those guys played a big part for this team under Andy Reid. Hell, i can't forget about Alex Smith. What a great guy and what a phenomenal kind of person he seems to be and i couldn't thank him more from beeing a professional and helping growing Mahomes to the QB he is today. I'm so happy that he's still alive after his brutal leg injury. I'm not sure if he's every coming back to the field, but if he does u can be sure that i will be rooting hard for this guy.

The moment we drafted Mahomes was amazing. A moment of joy. I never would have thought, that he would be THAT good. I was confident, that we're the perfect place for him to learn and grow and i was confident, that he would be good here, but i would have never thought he would be that kind of a QB. Last year was so tough. Losing against the Patriots was one of the most heartbreaking moments in my football fanship. That offside penalty of Dee Ford that neglected Bradys interception. The coin toss we lost and that gave Brady the ball in his hands, to do Brady stuff and picking apart our secondary was so tough to take. This team really learned from it. It feels like Mahomes learned from it and put this years teams on his back in probably one of the greatest postseason runs of all time. Making huge comebacks in all 3 postseason games. That's just from a different world.

Bob Sutton left the team after the last season and Steve Spagnuolo was named the new DC. He changed the defense from a 3-4 unit to a 4-3 unit. We lost important guys, but got important guys back. Guys like the Honey Badger who were absolute leaders of this team. Brett Veach and als our former GM John Dorsey did a phenomenal job to build this team. This years draft was pretty good for us. Veach did a good job and found players during the season to complement the team. Mike Pennel. Stefan Wisniewski. Those 2 guys played important roles in this team.

And finally Andy Reid. He finally got his ring. He finally showed the middle finger to all those critics and he finally cemented his legacy, that will end in a Hall of Fame honour one day. What he's doing for our team is phenomenal and what he's doing in this league is phenomenal as well. One of the greatest coaches ever in this league and a coach that left his foot prints all over this league in those last decades. His offenses are innovated and his coaching tree is unprecedented and he's probably still not done yet.

There is a story of Chiefs.com about his career and his life that's amazing to read.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/longforms/the-andy-reid-story

It's just surreal. Nobody can ever take this away from us. Nobody!

I do want to say something to the 49ers fans. I think to know how a loss like that must feel. Last years loss agains the Patriots was devastating and there were a few more during the last few years. It's really tough to swallow and although i would like to say some kind words, like that you'll get your chance to get back to the Super Bowl and win it, it's unfortunately not as easy to get back. It's a chance that might just comes around once in a lifetime. And still you have a phenomenal team. Your defense is absolutely great. It makes so much fun to watch it. Your front 7 is so good and your D-Line is so young, that opposing O-Lines will have headaches to block them. Your team is young, so I hope it's not the end of the way for you. Hopefully your team can learn from this defeat and come back stronger as ever before and maybe you'll get another chance and if you get it, you're going to take it. I'm sure of that.

• Like 1

I know this, I don't see a super bowl hangover happening with the Chiefs. We had the lowest payroll in the league and just won this whole thing. Mahomes was already talking about celebrating for 3 days and then getting back to work. If I'm Veach the draft is going like this:

1. Mekhi Becton LT
2. Jack Driscoll RT
3. Logan Stenberg RG
4. Hakeem Adeniji LG
5. Jake Hansen C

then we're going to run off the next 10 super bowls.

7 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I know this, I don't see a super bowl hangover happening with the Chiefs. We had the lowest payroll in the league and just won this whole thing. Mahomes was already talking about celebrating for 3 days and then getting back to work. If I'm Veach the draft is going like this:

1. Mekhi Becton LT
2. Jack Driscoll RT
3. Logan Stenberg RG
4. Hakeem Adeniji LG
5. Jake Hansen C

then we're going to run off the next 10 super bowls.

But "**** this team" right? :) 

Enjoy yourself. 

51 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Maybe from this people will learn to quit the overemphasis on season long metrics. Chiefs had the best defense in the final 8 weeks of the season and had the better defense tonight.

I was pulling for KC this game, so with that said...

The 49ers absolutely have the best defense so I disagree with you completely here.

KC scores 30~ every game, and if you aren't scoring too, it's over. End of story. Their offense is just that explosive.

SF had every chance to win this, but their offense stifled.

Edited by lolsurebro

Just now, lolsurebro said:

I was pulling for KC this game, so with that said...

The 49ers absolutely have the best defense so I disagree with you completely here.

KC scores 30~ every game, and if you aren't scoring too, it's over. End of story.

SF had every chance to win this, but their offense stifled.

Thats why if I was a 49ers fan I would have been losing my mind at Shanahan running 1:20 off the clock to go into halftime instead of trying to get some points on the board. You gotta get as many points as you can against Mahomes, and the Chiefs defense is notoriously better in the 2nd half, so strike before they can make adjustments.

Just now, Kirill said:

Thats why if I was a 49ers fan I would have been losing my mind at Shanahan running 1:20 off the clock to go into halftime instead of trying to get some points on the board. You gotta get as many points as you can against Mahomes, and the Chiefs defense is notoriously better in the 2nd half, so strike before they can make adjustments.

Yeah. Probably the dumbest coaching decision of the night.

I also didn't like Shanahan running up on the refs, pointing in their faces, going off at them all game. After seeing some clip of him directing a refs eyes last week before the snap... Happy he lost. Just play football man. The better team will win.

Edited by Kirill