Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

It's crazy how many people are placing the blame solely on Kyle Shanahan.  People reference the 28-3 Falcons vs Patriots Superbowl.  What about the defense?  The Falcons were up 28-3.... the defense gave up a crap ton of points.  Why is that Shanahan's fault?  I get he should have called more runs, but Matt Ryan took the dumbest sack in the history of football.

In terms of last night, the Niners have an elite defense and gave up 21 points in 7 minutes.  How is that on Shanahan?  Should they have ran the ball more in the 4th quarter?  Probably. 

Am I saying that Shanahan is blameless?  No.  But people are going way too overboard with how much they're blaming him.  Coming into the game, the Chiefs defense had been playing really well the previous 5-6 weeks.  Even the Titans couldn't just force feed Derrick Henry. 

• Like 4

On 1/31/2020 at 9:12 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Everyone's been talking about the Chiefs offense vs the 49ers defense. But looking at O/D both ways, it's pretty even overall. Sunday should be a great game.

49ers offense: 29.9 ppg

Chiefs offense: 28.2 ppg (32.7 ppg since the week 12 bye)

49ers defense: 19.4 ppg

Chiefs defense: 19.2 ppg (15.3 ppg since the week 12 bye)

So about that Chiefs average score...

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I’m surprised there’s not more discussion of Williams being robbed of SMVP.  100+ yards 2 total TDs.

Yeah, Mahomes really wasn't deserving of being MVP, IMO. He was pretty bad for most of the game, although he made plays when it mattered the most in the fourth. Although to be fair, I don't think there was a single player who really stood out as being the clear MVP of the game, but I'd agree it probably should have been Williams.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, Mahomes really wasn't deserving of being MVP, IMO. He was pretty bad for most of the game, although he made plays when it mattered the most in the fourth. Although to be fair, I don't think there was a single player who really stood out as being the clear MVP of the game, but I'd agree it probably should have been Williams.

Incorrect IMO. One of the 2 picks went off the hand of Tyreek Hill.

Mahomes was deserving of SB MVP. He threw 2 TDs and ran for another and he led a 10 point comeback in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.

Williams may have been slightly more deserving but its a vote and the QB usually gets the edge. (like Eli over Tuck both times)

This is not Peyton Manning 2006 or Namath over Snell.

Edited by SkippyX