Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

9 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Really? He is comparable to Sanders and a very different look. I like him opposite Samuel and have Sanders as WR3, but you can make the argument it's the other way around. 

J

Yeah, he definitely wouldn't. Even outside of the production, the impact that Sanders has had on this offense is just incredible, particularly with regards to opening up a guy like Deebo, who has really broken out in the second half.  

1 hour ago, Dub_City30 said:

Chiefs defense isnt elite😂😂

I guess there are no elite defenses in the game tonight.

Unless you think 8th in points allowed is elite (hint: It's not) BTW: Chiefs were 7th in points allowed (basically the same as the 49ers)

• The 2015 Broncos were 4th in points allowed.
  • The 2013 Seahawks were 1st
  • The 2008 Steelers were 1st
  • The 2002 Bucs were 1st
  • The 2000 Ravens were 1st
  • The 1999 Rams were 4th

This 49ers team at 8th in points allowed is nothing like any of those defenses.

• They are 17th in rushing yards allowed and 23rd in yards per rush.
  • They are 7th in passer rating allowed.
  • They are 5th in sacks, 16th in QB hits, 2nd in pressures
  • They are T-13th in TDs allowed at 23. (Chiefs are T-8th at 21)

People who worship the 49ers defense like they are all-time greats are hilarious.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

@Forge

You make some valid points. In fact I might be willing to concede an edge at P. Punt coverage is also close. However, punt returns, KO returns, KO coverage all lean to the Chiefs. The big difference is the FG kickers. Butker is much better than Gould.

J

Definitely on the returns. Hardman is the best returner in this game between either team (though should be noted that as a whole for the season, James was better on a per return basis than the combined effort of Hardman + Thomas for punts). That being said, Hardman's advantage in the kick return game can be mitigated by just kicking the ball out of the endzone (not easy for the 49ers, who seem to struggle with consistency in regards to getting touchbacks). So it's a possible advantage, but because of the limited number of plays this impacts, I don't really consider things like this when evaluating the teams as there is far too great a chance that it plays no role whatsoever. 

Same for kickers. Butker has a better leg, though when healthy, there are few kickers in the league who are as accurate as Gould (since coming back from his injury and the team getting it's long snapper back, he has missed one kick, a 50+ yarder that was blocked in a rain storm. Last year he missed one field goal, the year before 2). So if they both just kick 2 field goals and make them both, then it's a wash for the most part. Again, the limited number of plays they impact is just too small for me to really consider it a major issue in evaluating the game. 

Either the teams will make a big special teams play or they won't. A kicker will miss a field goal or they won't. 

13 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Lol why would you bring in Donovan McNabb to speak to your team before the Super Bowl? A cautionary tale about poor conditioning and not knowing how to run a 2 minute drill?

"Don't leave anythign out there cause you might never get back. You could end up like me, still bitter about a feud I had with a plyaer 15 years ago and my greatest accomplishment is my nephew being an impact defenseman in the NHL"

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

You would still have to deal with Hardman, Watkins and Robinson. Demarcus Robinson would probably start for the 49ers.

J

Don't really care. Hill is a terrible human being. My comment isn't related to what happens on the field. I just want this dude to have a lifetime of misery

52 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

You would still have to deal with Hardman, Watkins and Robinson. Demarcus Robinson would probably start for the 49ers.

J

Lol These 49ers fans are cocky. They think they have the 85 bears defense and the 07 Patriots offense.

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Lol These 49ers fans are cocky. They think they have the 85 bears defense and the 07 Patriots offense.

Why cuz we don't think Robinson would start for us? Yeah we're the ones out of whack. 

Chiefs have some weapons on offense but if you switch QBs in this game the 49ers would be favored by 15. Probably win by more than that.

Mahomes is an X factor though and Garappolo usually makes a throw or two per game that should be picked off. I think that evens it out.

Defense usually wins these games, we'll see if Mahomes can increase his legend today.