Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

The people saying Brady would not come here because we are guaranteed a losing franchise, is just laughable. We can make the playoffs with Derek Carr next year with solid moves in FA/Draft. Byron Jones, Javon Kinlaw, Henry Ruggs for an example. We went 7-9 with the toughest schedule in the NFL. With Brady, we can contend for a Super Bowl. 

49er fans were discussing how 9 wins would be the goal THIS year, on this date last year. 

Eagle fans were discussing 8 wins would be the goal on this date in 2017. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The people saying Brady would not come here because we are guaranteed a losing franchise, is just laughable. We can make the playoffs with Derek Carr next year with solid moves in FA/Draft. Byron Jones, Javon Kinlaw, Henry Ruggs for an example. We went 7-9 with the toughest schedule in the NFL. With Brady, we can contend for a Super Bowl. 

49er fans were discussing how 9 wins would be the goal THIS year, on this date last year. 

Eagle fans were discussing 8 wins would be the goal on this date in 2017. 

Funny... because as big a loser as you rave about Carr being, we're not going anywhere. And the went 1-5 when it mattered.

And this roster needs a lot of help before it's competing for a Superbowl. CB, LB, S, depth, pass rushers, WRs, more depth. Some speed. 

Mayock certainly doesn't sounds like a guy who thinks his roster is ready to compete.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Funny... because as big a loser as you rave about Carr being, we're not going anywhere. And the went 1-5 when it mattered.

And this roster needs a lot of help before it's competing for a Superbowl. CB, LB, S, depth, pass rushers, WRs, more depth. Some speed. 

Mayock certainly doesn't sounds like a guy who thinks his roster is ready to compete.

I think we’re overrating the rookie class and putting Mayock on a pedestal a bit. There’s no  guarantee that the Raiders will have similar success in the draft next year. As of today with players the raiders currently have they are not a Tom Brady away from contending for a Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Darbsk said:

but to pretend he hasn’t regressed at all is just wrong.

Brady was not the same QB and if we remember Peyton once he showed the same signs, he fell off a cliff and the DEFENSE was why they made it in. Brock had to win some games while Peyton healed. Brady is the GOAT but to bring him in is using 'name' for hype and not really any meat on the bone. 70 million for 2 years isn't worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G said:

Brady was not the same QB and if we remember Peyton once he showed the same signs, he fell off a cliff and the DEFENSE was why they made it in. Brock had to win some games while Peyton healed. Brady is the GOAT but to bring him in is using 'name' for hype and not really any meat on the bone. 70 million for 2 years isn't worth it.

Yikes, comparing 2019 Tom to 2015 Peyton is just downright a credibility killer. Peyton had zero arm and was a Bottom 5 QB in the league. Bradys arm strength is still completely there. Maybe not 2011 levels but still a solid arm. I also think he’s fully still a Top 10 QB from what I’ve watched this year. If you think he’s not, that’s fine, but comparing him to 2015 Manning is extremely irresponsible. 2015 Manning was basically a corpse. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yikes, comparing 2019 Tom to 2015 Peyton is just downright a credibility killer. Peyton had zero arm and was a Bottom 5 QB in the league. Bradys arm strength is still completely there. Maybe not 2011 levels but still a solid arm. I also think he’s fully still a Top 10 QB from what I’ve watched this year. If you think he’s not, that’s fine, but comparing him to 2015 Manning is extremely irresponsible. 2015 Manning was basically a corpse. 

I think he’s talking about 2014 Manning. It’s always slow at first but then it hits you like a truck. Brady had a season similar to Carr, and the truth is time won’t let him get better. Injuries will linger. He might start the season off strong but he’s going to slow down as he takes hits. 

• Like 1

Chali gets it. Manning came back from a serious neck injury and was slinging it at first. Once Father TIME caught him it was rapid (Injury probably added to the speed of the decline) but there's a reason most QB's never played into their 40's well. Brady will be 43 before 2020 season is played and Peyton is 43 now... Minds are sharp but the body is NOT the same in your 40's and especially if you're not on juice. If Juice is NFL approved I'd take Brady for 3 years with zero worries. Well maybe not because the DE's can too and would probably break QB's on a weekly basis. Many do it now and get away with it, but imagine the size, speed and temper if it was actually allowed?!?

So if Brady leaves it's because he wants what Peyton has that he doesn't. A ring with two teams and different coaches. That might be enough for him to consider leaving NE but we aren't built to win if the QB's physical talents decline. Denver had a DEFENSE to support a QB who had the mind but not the body anymore. Tom will want 35 million so were dumping 70 million for two seasons. Carr is 21.5 but a 5 million dead cap. 

So as it is at QB it's 21.5 add Brady we lose 5 mil and it costs 35 mil so it's a 18.5 million difference just in 2020 to switch from Carr to Brady. If Gruden (100 million man) and Mayock can convince Brady to come to Vegas at a discount, then all good, but with no discount that is a quality starter on the defense and possibly a pro bowler depending on the position in free agency. 

Personally I live off my emotions, but logically it's not a good idea. Mack was a logical trade but it was emotional for me and I'm still salty and that's NOT a good feeling or good place to be. 

This is all moot because whoever loses the Superbowl will get Brady and trade their young QB for multiple 1sts. KC could win it and tell Miami you can have Pat for your next two drafts and Miami might do it. Then Tom on KC with a rebuilt defense wins two SB's in a row with different QB's. Gets a young QB behind Brady and KC becomes the Pats of the past 2 decades. >:( Then once again TB 12 is the bane of  Raider existence and gets Jon Connor treatment if I find a way to travel back in time. Wait...Does that make me Skynet?!? 

11 minutes ago, G said:

whoever loses the Superbowl will get Brady and trade their young QB for multiple 1sts. KC could win it and tell Miami you can have Pat for your next two drafts and Miami might do it. Then Tom on KC with a rebuilt defense wins two SB's in a row with different QB's. Gets a young QB behind Brady and KC becomes the Pats of the past 2 decades. >:( Then once again TB 12 is the bane of  Raider existence and gets Jon Connor treatment if I find a way to travel back in time. Wait...Does that make me Skynet?!? 

This is the part that I'm having difficulty with. There is no way that either of the SB teams trade their young QBs to get Brady. The Titans are the only final 4 team who might consider it. 

If Brady leaves NE, he is likely to pick a team that missed the playoffs but has decent talent. Raiders, Bears, and Chargers. 

14 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I think we’re overrating the rookie class and putting Mayock on a pedestal a bit. There’s no  guarantee that the Raiders will have similar success in the draft next year. As of today with players the raiders currently have they are not a Tom Brady away from contending for a Super Bowl. 

I wouldn't say this rookie class is overrated, Jacobs OPOY, Maxx could have been DPOY lots of contributions from guy's and Abrams everyone was loving him until his injury. The question is will these guys continue to progress and can Mayock continue to draft well. Adding Tom Brady we  are a playoff team factor in another good draft and FA who knows what would happen. Let's reach the playoffs first anything can happen once you are in. I think people are being disingenuous to say Super Bowl or bust.

Edited by raidr4life

32 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

This is the part that I'm having difficulty with. There is no way that either of the SB teams trade their young QBs to get Brady. The Titans are the only final 4 team who might consider it. 

If Brady leaves NE, he is likely to pick a team that missed the playoffs but has decent talent. Raiders, Bears, and Chargers. 

It was ment as a joke. Probably why it doesn't make sense. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, G said:

If you are grooming a new QB anyway for a year, I'd rather groom him under Brady than Carr.

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

If you are grooming a new QB anyway for a year, I'd rather groom him under Brady than Carr.

I'd rather save money. Brady isn't going to 'help' groom his replacement. A young QB will see the work ethic but either a young QB has that already or doesn't. A college loaf with natural talent (Vick) won't learn to work hard under an all pro QB. Vick had to fall before he could climb back up and learn that what he was doing (relying on natural talent) was not enough to be the BEST.  Vick could have been the best at that time had he put in 'the work' and Brady is 100% 'the work' as he did NOT have the natural talent.

EDIT: The next Brady is going to be a guy who other teams passed up as the starter or were always trying to 'replace' as Brady was is college. He was always being set aside so his 'CHIP' got bigger and he did what it takes (even taking discounts) to be the best. So Burrow fit's that having a program not start you but is a high pick and so he's got the confidence already. Patterson is the type of QB who would benefit behind Brady. A guy who looks like he shouldn't be in the NFL and could learn from seeing a player who came from a similar mold.

Edited by G

5 minutes ago, G said:

I'd rather save money. Brady isn't going to 'help' groom his replacement. A young QB will see the work ethic but either a young QB has that already or doesn't. A college loaf with natural talent (Vick) won't learn to work hard under an all pro QB. Vick had to fall before he could climb back up and learn that what he was doing (relying on natural talent) was not enough to be the BEST.  Vick could have been the best at that time had he put in 'the work' and Brady is 100% 'the work' as he did NOT have the natural talent.

It's way more than just seeing the work ethic, you underestimate the value of watching an All Pro. A guy like Fromm would be someone i'd take to learn from Brady.

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It's way more than just seeing the work ethic, you underestimate the value of watching an All Pro. A guy like Fromm would be someone i'd take to learn from Brady.

If Fromm slips to 3rd or later then I agree. I added an edit to my post before I read this. It's the 'chip' and the will to win that created TB12. He took discounts early understanding the bigger picture. He and Peyton were always in the same talk until Brady kept winning SB's while Manning kept losing to Brady lead teams.

Edited by G