I know the Bengals will take Burrow, but...

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

This is so shallow it isn't even funny. If that's your assessment of Burrow I don't even know what to tell you.

Defensive much?

I think Burrow had the greatest college season ever at the QB position and expect him to be a franchise QB. I’m just giving a reason for why some may consider him a more likely bust candidate than Chase Young. 

54 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Defensive much?

I think Burrow had the greatest college season ever at the QB position and expect him to be a franchise QB. I’m just giving a reason for why some may consider him a more likely bust candidate than Chase Young. 

My bad, man. Just comes with the territory this time of year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Anyone else feel bad for Burrow if this happens? I know I will. Seems like a great kid, no reason for his life to end so soon. 

I definitely don’t trust Cincinnati to put him in a position to succeed. Actually really worried about it. Cincinnati and Cleveland have set up their QBs to fail for decades. I would much rather see Joe Brady and Burrow reunite and Carolina and tear the league apart while Tua and co become the new faces of the AFC East. 

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I definitely don’t trust Cincinnati to put him in a position to succeed. Actually really worried about it. Cincinnati and Cleveland have set up their QBs to fail for decades. I would much rather see Joe Brady and Burrow reunite and Carolina and tear the league apart while Tua and co become the new faces of the AFC East. 

I'll go the other way.  I think Zac Taylor had Cinci prepared as well as could be expected.  Especially considering they were without Jonah and Glenn most of the season.  Not to mention no AJ Green.  

Burrow will have Glenn, Jonah(who I love), Billy Price,  and Trey Hopkins which could be a talented OL.  Mixon is a stud.  Boyd is a good player.  Tate flashed.  Green could be brought back.  Those four offensive linemen with Mixon, Green, Boyd, and Tate is not a bad group.  And Cinci could add a receiving TE at 33 in Kmet(I'm not a Sample fan).

That's a promising offensive group that can grow together.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I'll go the other way.  I think Zac Taylor had Cinci prepared as well as could be expected.  Especially considering they were without Jonah and Glenn most of the season.  Not to mention no AJ Green.  

Burrow will have Glenn, Jonah(who I love), Billy Price,  and Trey Hopkins which could be a talented OL.  Mixon is a stud.  Boyd is a good player.  Tate flashed.  Green could be brought back.  Those four offensive linemen with Mixon, Green, Boyd, and Tate is not a bad group.  And Cinci could add a receiving TE at 33 in Kmet(I'm not a Sample fan).

That's a promising offensive group that can grow together.

I agree with everything except Billy Price. Boy, is he bad. Also, we're not going TE this draft. Uzomah is a quality TE who was brought back last offseason, Eifert could very well be resigned, and (regrettably) a premium pick was used on Sample last year.

We'll likely go Burrow, and then some combination of defense, OL, and WR for the next three rounds. 

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Come on now. Carson and Andy both had great supporting casts at different points in their careers. 

The fact that you only name two QBs for the past 20 years or so is telling in and of itself how Cinci supports their Own Bs. There’s no longevity without a degree of success and no success without contributing talent. Now Cincis owner doesn’t always make it the easiest goal to accomplish but by no means are they in the Cleveland Browns territory.

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

The fact that you only name two QBs for the past 20 years or so is telling in and of itself how Cinci supports their Own Bs. There’s no longevity without a degree of success and no success without contributing talent. Now Cincis owner doesn’t always make it the easiest goal to accomplish but by no means are they in the Cleveland Browns territory.

I only mentioned Carson and Andy because those are the two Bengals QBs I've experienced in my lifetime. I can't comment on Boomer (etc.) because I never saw them play. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I only mentioned Carson and Andy because those are the two Bengals QBs I've experienced in my lifetime. I can't comment on Boomer (etc.) because I never saw them play. 

But that still proves your point as well as mine. When the Bengals draft a QB, they get longevity out of them by providing the pieces for them to be successful to a degree. This isn’t a team that goes through QBs every 3-4 years, nor has it really ever been to my knowledge, which admittedly is very little being a niner fan.

• Like 2

I don't know much about Yahoo Sports, but I found this article interesting. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-burrow-trying-to-avoid-being-drafted-by-bengals/ar-BBZwWJy?ocid=spartanntp

We were told by folks at the recent Senior Bowl that the Bengals lobbied hard to make sure their staff coached Oregon QB Justin Herbert. They also wanted Burrow at the game, but he declined the invitation, having just come off of a national title the week prior. No one could blame Burrow.

But the week was a productive one for Herbert, who clearly established himself as the best quarterback at the event, ahead of Utah State’s Jordan Love. Bengals head coach Zac Taylor threw praise at Herbert all week, and Bengals executive director of personnel Duke Tobin told Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer that the Bengals are locked in on four players at one: Burrow, Ohio State pass rusher Chase Young, Tagovailoa and Herbert.

Are the Bengals stupid???

7 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

I don't know much about Yahoo Sports, but I found this article interesting. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/is-burrow-trying-to-avoid-being-drafted-by-bengals/ar-BBZwWJy?ocid=spartanntp

Are the Bengals stupid???

Are you not able to tell a smoke screen?  The team can't just come out and say they are taking him.  But, who else are they taking?  The NFL has too much $$ wrapped into the drat for the front office to end all suspense at the end of January.

10 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

You also have to worry about a revolt from part of your fan base and a decline in associated revenue if Burrow is not selected.

I already know that. If the Bengals were to come away from the draft with any other QB but Burrow, The fanbase would burn down the stadium.