Gophers World Mafia, Game Over, Reporters & Town Win

gopherwrestler

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

outright lying the way he did as town is egregious (on the level of Flacco I think specifically red lettering and character naming me in the V game as a civ lie)

I have to have faith that as town he wouldn't be THAT bad, which means he is either town and telling the truth, town and tampered with, or scum lying

I agree but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility from him. 

6 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

so here are the questions based on a decision tree

• We lynch MWil
    • Mwil flips green
      • Do we trust that whicker+wolf are baddies, or does his misinformation on daboyle mean we ignore the rest of his results?
    • Mwil flips red
      • Obviously means his info was BS
    • Mwil flip purple
      • Obviously means his info was BS
  • We lynch Whicker/Wolf
    • W/W flips green
      • Obviously means Mwil is scum
    • W/W flips scum
      • Do we assume the final piece of his information is correct? and then lynch the remaining of W/W?

I guess my thought is, if we lynch Whicker or Wolf, then no matter what we get at least 1 scum within the next 2 lynches (possibly 2 scum)

If we lynch Mwil, we could wind up in a situation where we lynch town and still don't know how to resolve the following night

whicker or wolf feel like the safer choices tonight, and the most likely to resolve the situation with the most clarity

So let’s go with the one with the worse claim and hasn’t done anything this game except vote Counselor 

14 hours ago, Malfatron said:

hmmm, makes me want to vote wolf.

wolfs power seems kind of pointless as town

i could see if he had 50 percent chance to move up, but not 10

This would presume mwil is telling the truth which would mean both wolfe and whicker are scum. Why wolfe over whicker? 

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I don't even know you and don't care about these kind of empty words

I'm starting to lean back to being more distrustful of mwil, but just from a pure standpoint of taking reads off of the table and just playing the numbers, I think the more clarifying way to resolve this situation is to lynch one of the players he named

I agree already said to other players im playing this open and honest all the way so yes statistly picking me or whicker is the best choice

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Mwil (if mafia) could have rolled the dice and names daboyle, wolf and whicker  as being not aligned.  Both Daboyle and Wolf had a fair amount of heat on them from threadplay/claims on Day 1 and 2.  He either gets lucky and 1 of them flips scum, or town chases those 3 and he/his group gets 3 mis-lynches.  

Its also convenient that he shared the info AFTER the 3rd alignment was revealed

It's a very reasonable gambit to attempt, especially in a larger game where there might be a larger mafia team to fall back on

The upside to the gambit is getting a 3rd party lynched, building immense credibility. The downside is getting 1-2 mislynches and leading the town on an extremely unproductive path for an entire weekend

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:
9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

outright lying the way he did as town is egregious (on the level of Flacco I think specifically red lettering and character naming me in the V game as a civ lie)

I have to have faith that as town he wouldn't be THAT bad, which means he is either town and telling the truth, town and tampered with, or scum lying

I agree but I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility from him. 

Mwil said quite openly this game that he likes to first and foremost have fun.....

On 1/30/2020 at 7:54 PM, MWil23 said:

*Shrug*

When you all figure out that Forge and I essentially have the same philosophy playing this game and that I try to have as much fun as possible and don't really care about the fallout, because it's all in good fun, then maybe people will understand me a bit more. 

...I don't think it is far fetched to see Mwil doing this as scum

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

i havent seen evidence that both wolfe and whicker have to be scum

with the LARGE assumption that MWil is telling the truth, then they are both non-green. They don't have to both be red though

34 minutes ago, wolfeyestrk said:

Could i talk you into going with my counsler push?

Counsler. Counsler. Counsler one of these are more then likely scum

Pretty confident there

I doubt it.  Mainly because it does not resolve where we are otherwise.

Wolf and I are both claimed. I’ve claimed a pretty decent investigative role. He’s claimed a role that is mostly vanilla. The case against me is that I’ve been saying “my friends” and haven’t been out of hand emotional which is due to my life circumstances changing over the course of my mafia break. And one of like three games since I’ve got back I was scum and purposefully used my old civ persona as a cover for an mvp performance. So really I question the overall reasoning of voting me at this point over Wolf to verify MWil’s claim. Especially since MWil is acting scummy and Wolf and I are acting town so we really should just go MWil.