2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

With the possibility of trading Trent to the Jags pick #2 is now tradable more than likely. We'd be getting back a DE and now able to trade down for possibly 2 1st round picks. Maybe they do a deal where Jags get #2 and the Skins receive #9 and #20. Skin's could fill a go Lamb or Jeudy at #9 and LT at #20. Signing Cocklin and possibly releasing or trading Moses. Or they keep #2 and make a deal with another team for the 2nd pick in the draft. 

Basically them losing Trent Williams and Chase Young for Jeudy or Lamb, Andrew Thomas, Cocklin, and Ngakoue. Or you keep Moses and just draft Trents replacement. 

I'm not sure about any of that happening. I guess anything is possible seems far fetched.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Even when Conklin was drafted, the talk was he would be a better fit at RT.  Look if we can get him for a reasonable price I am all for it, I am just anticipating him wanting 15M/year.  

I agree that RT is considerably easier to fill than Left.  

I guess I am in the camp that unless we trade down with our #2, we just aren't going to fill the left tackle spot with a long term replacement this year.  The market is just thin.  I am on the stop gap bandwagon.

Yeah, I know what the talk was. My point is sure he's a ”better fit at RT, ” but that doesn't mean he's going to be an awful fit at LT for sure. I know if I'm a GM, I’d be willing to give it a shot. And again, if it doesn't work out you draft a LT in round 1 in 2021 and you move Conklin back to RT.

And I’m sorry but I think people are overlooking that Penn wasn't great last year. Just bc he wasn't totally awful doesn't mean he was even average either. Then, there's probably the truth that we stole Penn’s last decent season out of him last year at the age of 36. I can’t possibly imagine Penn repeating a 2020 season at the age of 37 like he had last year and last year wasn't very good either even if it wasn't awful. I also can't imagine him playing 16 games again. 

Sorry, I only want Penn again after all other options are exhausted. He's a last resort, just like he was last year.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I know what the talk was. My point is sure he's a ”better fit at RT, ” but that doesn't mean he's going to be an awful fit at LT for sure. I know if I'm a GM, I’d be willing to give it a shot. And again, if it doesn't work out you draft a LT in round 1 in 2021 and you move Conklin back to RT.

And I’m sorry but I think people are overlooking that Penn wasn't great last year. Just bc he wasn't totally awful doesn't mean he was even average either. Then, there's probably the truth that we stole Penn’s last decent season out of him last year at the age of 36. I can’t possibly imagine Penn repeating a 2020 season at the age of 37 like he had last year and last year wasn't very good either even if it wasn't awful. I also can't imagine him playing 16 games again. 

Sorry, I only want Penn again after all other options are exhausted. He's a last resort, just like he was last year.

Fair enough.  Well what would you think if we sign Penn and Peters both, one can ride pine, likely for a combined cap hit less than Conklin and hope we can find a stud next draft?

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

Fair enough.  Well what would you think if we sign Penn and Peters both, one can ride pine, likely for a combined cap hit less than Conklin and hope we can find a stud next draft?

My top choice is the soon to be 26 year old Conklin in his prime. He's in his prime and can improve. I'm not too worried about his cost - next year this cap # would be low bc it’d be his fist year of a new deal. 

Second, I'd rather have Peters over Penn bc he's the better player out of two. I wouldn't sign both and I don't think both would sign bc neither would want to ride the pine. They have $, they wait for an injury and a phone call or their agent to reach out to see if that team wants them to come in and start.

We have Christian also as a back up. I think he gets the first shot if a starter goes down. If he's not up for the task then you look to sign another player.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Xavier Rhodes anyone? He’s pretty good at CB but I’ve always thought he had HOF potential at FS. 

I don't know about HoF but I think for sure he'd be an upgrade over Nicholson. It also depends on cost though. I'd like to get Rhodes on a one year prove-it deal, at most a 3-year deal with not much guaranteed $.

47 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Noted contract analyst Trent Williams thinks he got underpaid by $15-20M.

Exactly, this is the type of deal that Trent should be seeking too, especially if he truly does want to be traded from DC and get to a playoff contender.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Just a note from your friendly neighborhood moderator. 

For the guys that are signed. Please create a separate thread for each one so we can talk about the signing. I will still keep this thread pinned so we can talk about FA in general.

You mean if we sign guys this week etc? You want separate threads for them, correct?

27 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Just a note from your friendly neighborhood moderator. 

For the guys that are signed. Please create a separate thread for each one so we can talk about the signing. I will still keep this thread pinned so we can talk about FA in general.

Seconded.  

Someone forgot that with the Brandon Scherff franchise tag, so that was strike one.