37 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be fired?

• Mack McCaffrey
    • Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Oh wait you said right now lmao. Nah way too early in the season for that. I would have moved on from Dom a few seasons ago though

Yeah me too. I kept really believing it would happen too. But nope.

7 minutes ago, packerjmf said:

That was part of it, but I thought he looked pretty pedestrian all game. Probably being harsh on him, but I really don't think he gives us much on offense that we couldn't have gotten from other players and kept a different WR.

Allison isn't flashy. He's more of a possession type guy with a huge catch radius and he has proven sure handed and makes the tough catches. He seems to get separation just as well as anyone else somehow. Harkens back to the days where our #3 and #4 wr's were better than their #3 and #4 cb's

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah me too. I kept really believing it would happen too. But nope.

I mean even if you believe Dom is a good enough coach, most of the time him + this team just isn't working out to the point where you should probably just move on.  You can only give a guy so many cracks at it and the results are really just a list of different excuses every year.

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah that's kind of where I'm at. I might not do it but I wouldn't be mad.

I'm just not sure it's worth it to do it midseason. I know it happens (Bengals just fired their OC), but I really don't see much benefit of either (a) having a new guy call the same scheme or (b) have a new guy try and change the scheme and leave us in a host of confusion and communication breakdown.

Just now, chillparsi1 said:

I'm just not sure it's worth it to do it midseason. I know it happens (Bengals just fired their OC), but I really don't see much benefit of either (a) having a new guy call the same scheme or (b) have a new guy try and change the scheme and leave us in a host of confusion and communication breakdown.

I'm alone but I don't think they believe in him anymore and they don't buy in and maybe a guy literally running the same damn thing but maybe someone they relate to more and has a clean slate might get them too.

Just my feel.

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm alone but I don't think they believe in him anymore and they don't buy in and maybe a guy literally running the same damn thing but maybe someone they relate to more and has a clean slate might get them too.

Just my feel.

I get what you mean, and I do think that fresh blood is needed. I'm just not sold that they'd be more hyped about someone already on the staff. Looking across the list of current NFL head coaches, I'm thinking Todd Bowles is probably headed out the door (not like the org has given him anything to work with, but I digress). That'd be the kind of change I think I'd like to see (albeit I cant say I know much about him...just he ran a good D in Arizona)

Just now, chillparsi1 said:

I get what you mean, and I do think that fresh blood is needed. I'm just not sold that they'd be more hyped about someone already on the staff. Looking across the list of current NFL head coaches, I'm thinking Todd Bowles is probably headed out the door (not like the org has given him anything to work with, but I digress). That'd be the kind of change I think I'd like to see (albeit I cant say I know much about him...just he ran a good D in Arizona)

Yeah it would just be an internal flip to a guy on staff. So hardly exciting.

I would still want an outside hire but by then it probably wouldn't happen. We'd stick with our guy.

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Funny that MM has to remind us that DC is a good coach. We shouldn't need a reminder Mike. We should just see it every once in a blue moon and declare it for ourselves.

He says that crap to squash the rumors. He probably believes it too but he goes hard publicly so it is obvious he's behind him and there's no is he getting fired stuff all over.

It's politicking. Wasn't he just doing this the other day with our OL depth? 

I think people are naive if they don't tink Mike has had issues with how Dom's game plans have went at times.

28 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Funny that MM has to remind us that DC is a good coach. We shouldn't need a reminder Mike. We should just see it every once in a blue moon and declare it for ourselves.

you mean like the NFC championship game vs Seattle?

At least Dom's defense has showed up for 1/2 of the past NFCCG. Can we say the same about AR and the offense?

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you mean like the NFC championship game vs Seattle?

At least Dom's defense has showed up for 1/2 of the past NFCCG. Can we say the same about AR and the offense?

Don't know if I count Seattle as much because he was playing limping, but he played pretty bad against Chicago in 10'.

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Don't know if I count Seattle as much because he was playing limping, but he played pretty bad against Chicago in 10'.

I know.

My point is though that Dom's defense is 3/4 in NFCCG + Super Bowls in 2010, 2014, 2016. MM is correct, Dom IS an excellent football coach. It'll get there. Lotta moving parts, secondary will take its lumps until coaches figure out who is best where. There is ability back there (and some disability). He'll get it figured it, he usually does. Just gotta keep your figures crossed we don't lose 3-7 guys after it gets figured out.

Archived