Better Call Saul, Season 6 (April 18)

iknowcool

So what happens to Kim by the end?

My three options:

1.  She winds up dead

2.  She winds up in jail or disbarred and leaves the area

3.  She's on house arrest by the end, so we never got to see her in BB even though she was there all along

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on that subject

6 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

My three options:

1.  She winds up dead

3.  She's on house arrest by the end, so we never got to see her in BB even though she was there all along

2 seems the most logical. That's what I'm guessing as well

8 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

My three options:

1.  She winds up dead

Based on the opening montage of E1, then I think Kim lives with Jimmy in that house.  

I don't see them having Kim killed.  Just seems like the most obvious and the easiest way to handle her character, and I don't see Gilligan and Gould going that route.  They are far more creative than that, although if it is the route they take, I'm sure it'll be pulled off well.

Right now I'm leaving towards her getting disbarred.  The biggest thing I'm curious about... does Jimmy turn on her if/when they are caught?  That to me is something I can't figure out.  One thing that has been made clear throughout the show is Jimmy is EXTREMELY loyal to those he cares about. He stuck by Chuck for a long time and even confessed to the forgery he committed because he thought it would make him feel better.  Sure you could argue Jimmy turned on Chuck by making him look like a fool in court, but I'd argue Chuck had long already turned on Jimmy and despite that, Jimmy was still there for him S1-S3.

The old lady in the Sandpiper case, while Jimmy was horrible when he got her friends to turn on her so that he could get his money, he went back and rectified things all because he felt bad about the lady not having friends

Hell, even in Breaking Bad, you see his loyalty.  When Mike confronts Saul about Jesse, Saul refuses to give up his location... and I'd argue Jesse wasn't all that important to Saul in the grand scheme of things.

So I'm really at a loss at how this plays out.  It is clear from the first two episodes that Jimmy isn't quite "Saul" right now.  Something is off.  And he seems a little afraid of what Kim is becoming.  But would that really be enough for him to turn on her?  I hope it doesn't come to that.  That would crush me.  They are one of my favorite TV relationships of all-time.  

I also wonder if Jimmy just thinks this is all a bad idea.  To me this doesn't seem like a Saul plan.  Saul is very, very, VERY careful.  At the end of Season 2, he isn't a fan of Kim's decision to make that phone.  Is he not a fan of Kim becoming this ruthless or does he believe that making that phone call at the Kettleman's place of business is too much of a risk?  Same deal when they are in the car and Kim asks if what they did to Howard was too subtle and Jimmy says it wasn't.  How can we be so sure nobody connects the dots if it is mentioned that Jimmy McGill made an appearance?  Howard is no moron and if there is one thing he learned from Chuck, there aren't any coincidences when it comes to Jimmy.  

Edited by iknowcool

Kim will live imo. Whether she is in jail, used the vacuum guy for a new identity and eventually sees Gene, or has lived by Jimmy's side this whole time is anyone's guess. 

I do think it's fairly certain Nacho and Lalo die, while Nacho's father likely lives. Although if Nacho's dad dies, I wouldn't be surprised, as they want to show how dark this business is. 

Mike will tell Saul Lalo is alive just to scare him and Saul has believed it the entire time. 

Not a big fan of this Lalo Salamanca saga. Feels drawn out so they can fill another season. "Cartel" stuff is always entertaining, but I prefer if they'd focus more on Kim and Saul's legal shenanigans more. They're more interesting characters than the drug guys, and all that's been covered well in BB and doesn't need as much screen time in this show IMO. Still a great show, but every time they cut to another desert drug meet I groan.

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Not a big fan of this Lalo Salamanca saga. Feels drawn out so they can fill another season. "Cartel" stuff is always entertaining, but I prefer if they'd focus more on Kim and Saul's legal shenanigans more. They're more interesting characters than the drug guys, and all that's been covered well in BB and doesn't need as much screen time in this show IMO. Still a great show, but every time they cut to another desert drug meet I groan.

I feel the same, but my biggest question I want answered is how did Mike get so in awe of Gus that he gets mad at Walt for trying to kill him, Gus must of done something that leads to Mikes deep respect, whether he kills Lalo, or protects Nachos dad

3 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Feels drawn out so they can fill another season. 

This is the last season (13 episodes), unless you just meant they are stretching this season out.  It's only 3 more episodes than their usual season though and they still have a LOT to wrap up.  If anything I feel like this season has been a little rushed in comparison to past seasons.

Edited by iknowcool