Better Call Saul, Season 6 (April 18)

iknowcool

51 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I feel the same, but my biggest question I want answered is how did Mike get so in awe of Gus that he gets mad at Walt for trying to kill him, Gus must of done something that leads to Mikes deep respect, whether he kills Lalo, or protects Nachos dad

I think Mike just knows Gus keeps everything in order and keeps the money flowing.  I don't think Mike was mad about losing Gus as a person and more-so because without Gus, he knew their demise was inevitable.  It is why he kept advising Jesse to not work with Walt - he is too unpredictable.  

Gus is a POS but he is at least very, very, very careful and calculated in a business that rewards that behavior (his only downfall is he is too vengeful - he should have let Hector die or had him killed much sooner in the BB timeline).  Mike doesn't want to kill anyone but he also knows Gus is making the call that will keep their business and their money safe.  It is why he is willing to pull the trigger on Werner Ziegler, why he doesn't push back too hard on Gus setting Nacho up for the Salamancas, etc.  Hell he didn't even want to kill Walt (in Full Measures), but said he had no other choice. 

Edited by iknowcool

On 4/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, Manny/Patrick said:

I feel the same, but my biggest question I want answered is how did Mike get so in awe of Gus that he gets mad at Walt for trying to kill him, Gus must of done something that leads to Mikes deep respect, whether he kills Lalo, or protects Nachos dad

Because Mike realizes that if/when walt succeeded, the whole house of cards comes down.  walt wanted everything for himself.  We know where that got him in the end.

Another outstanding ep.  The character assassination of Howard is beyond hilarious.  

Spoiler

And after Mike's talk with Kim, I have a sneaky suspicion she ends up taking out Lalo, then disappears for good (or never leaves the house in BB)

• Like 2

This episode really showed the only way Walt could have killed Gus was indeed his weakness of visiting Hector. Gus’s house is basically a damn army base. The guy was also always packing and wearing a bulletproof vest. He had his goons follow his car at a distance at all times. And he had one employee at Pollo as an armed muscle in disguise at all times. 

Edited by BayRaider

• 2 weeks later...

Lalo is the most intimidating and terrifying character ever in the BB universe….

Unlike the twins in BB who were terrifying, Lalo’s intelligence and charm are also huge weapons. Not to mention he is more of a “terminator” than even those two as well. 

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Lalo is the most intimidating and terrifying character ever in the BB universe….

Unlike the twins in BB who were terrifying, Lalo’s intelligence and charm are also huge weapons. Not to mention he is more of a “terminator” than even those two as well. 

his intelligence allows him to be calculating and forward planning, like arranging to have a body double on hand with dental records switched.

That was an absolute banger.  Literally from the very first scene to the last, so much damn tension.  Maybe the best episode in the entire BB/BCS universe.  

And now we get our explanation for why 1) Saul becomes SO cold in Better Call Saul and 2) why Kim isn't anywhere to be found.  No matter how this Lalo situation plays out, there is no way Kim and Jimmy come back from this the same or together.  I always felt like maybe Kim was just behind the scenes in Breaking Bad, because it isn't like we would have a reason to see her in that show anyway considering you only see Saul when he's with Walt or Jesse, and he'd never talk about her to them or any of his clients.  But now I think she gets out of dodge, either that or she takes the fall

EDIT - One thing I find interesting is how Howard kept framing it as if Saul was the mastermind behind the plan and Kim was the one who got sucked into it, when this time around, it was Kim who mapped it all out and Saul who got pushed into it. Jimmy even says to Kim in that episode, "you don't have to be here, I've been around your cast as much as you have" or something along those lines. 

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2