Pace and Nagy Press Conference

WindyCity

32 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Again, that wasn’t my point, but even at that you don’t think that’s a significant anomaly? Do you not agree that NO will by and large play in significantly more appealing game day conditions than the Bears do? 

Sure. I also don't think players care about weather. If they did, the Cardinals, Dolphins, etc and all of the dome teams would be the league's best teams consistently.

18 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Give me the consistency and efficiency executing the offense. 

Even if Carr just maximizes what the offensive system creates that is a huge upgrade for the Bears.

Oakland’s offenses haven’t exactly been good under Carr. That’s not really the kind of consistency I’m looking for. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Sure. I also don't think players care about weather. If they did, the Cardinals, Dolphins, etc and all of the dome teams would be the league's best teams consistently.

It may not matter for all players including Bridgewater but it’s an element in the equation for some guys. Maybe not make or break, but at least a consideration. 

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures huh.

Yeah, if I’m looking at decidedly pretty average I’d prefer to make that a year-to-year thing without needing to sacrifice valuable high draft pick capital to get it. 

Anyone but Mitch tho... 😒

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Oakland’s offenses haven’t exactly been good under Carr. That’s not really the kind of consistency I’m looking for. 

His play has been very consistent. His production has been pretty consistent.

Punishing a player for playing on bad teams doesn't seem like a fair evaluations.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, if I’m looking at decidedly pretty average I’d prefer to make that a year-to-year thing without needing to sacrifice valuable high draft pick capital to get it. 

He is better than Mitch. The anybody but Mitch thing doesn't really work with someone who is better.

I like football outsiders

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2019

Carr was there 8th best QB by DVOA last season. MItch wasn't even close.

With the exception of 2018, he has more than eclipsed Mitch's best ranking in terms of DVOA.

In fact I would be shocked if anyone can find a ranking, metric, or advanced stat that has Mitch ranked ahead of Carr.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Come on.  Where's your sense of tradition.  We're the only team I know whose had two different players nicknamed "Biscuit".  ;)

Mitch and Wm Perry.  Hampton called him biscuit.

4 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

As they should, but not at the cost of cap or picks unless it's a clear upgrade.

Well he's gonna cost us something and I really don't give a rip if we trade a 5th or 6th round pick away when we have two of each.  Who are we gonna draft that late whose gonna help us more than a good vet QB?

23 minutes ago, soulman said:

Well he's gonna cost us something and I really don't give a rip if we trade a 5th or 6th round pick away when we have two of each.  Who are we gonna draft that late whose gonna help us more than a good vet QB?

Depends who it is... Carr, give them whatever. Dalton, please no unless cheap.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

He is better than Mitch. The anybody but Mitch thing doesn't really work with someone who is better.

I like football outsiders

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2019

Carr was there 8th best QB by DVOA last season. MItch wasn't even close.

With the exception of 2018, he has more than eclipsed Mitch's best ranking in terms of DVOA.

In fact I would be shocked if anyone can find a ranking, metric, or advanced stat that has Mitch ranked ahead of Carr.

I didn’t say he wasn’t better than 2019 Mitch anywhere. That’s a REALLY low bar though. He’s still an average or slightly above average starter. across 6 seasons. 8th in DVOA in arguably his best season? I want us to aim higher for what it’d take to get him.