Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

mission27

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

On an individual level, sure.

On a societal level, no. Not every hospital is at capacity, and there are people who would go but can't because they don't have access or can't afford it. When that happens in a pandemic, we all pay the price for it.

And really, it’s only the working poor who don’t go.  Folks with huge deductibles.

Rich people don’t give a damn as they can afford it.

Very poor people don’t as you can’t get blood from a stone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwaye50327 said:

honestly i don't see why WWE would. just stop people coming to live shows, its still be on t.v. Unless a wrestler comes down with the virus

By the time a wrestler comes down with it and is diagnosed, half the roster could have it.

The prudent decision is to cancel it tbh.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

I have a hard time seeing the XFL stopping play.  They're the league most at risk of folding completely if they can't figure some way to keep playing.

That is very true I just don’t see it being a logical option to keep going at this point but we shall see. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:

The issue is that so many people simply will not get tested, and will not stop going to work because they simply can't afford to miss a paycheck, or they will get fired if they call in sick. There are HUGE amounts of people in that situation. Almost all of the service industry.

That's the big problem, yes.  Completely agree with you.

Governor recap:

*Banned ALL Nursing home visits

*Banned ALL gatherings of 100+ people

(School not a public gathering, just assemblies, fairs, festivals, sports, etc.)

Also, for those concerned, VOTING DAY is not considered a "public gathering", so fear not. ;)

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

So much this, you're going to be able to leave your house again, you don't need 2 years supply of TP, medicine, hand sanitizer, masks etc... People who do this crap actually make it so the people who need it don't have access to it and it sits in a closet and gathers dust. Buy what you need.

100%, my wife who works in infectious disease and also does house call for an insurance company will be out of marks by the end of the month and the companies are so back ordered because the stock is so depleted.  People are not always bright. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And really, it’s only the working poor who don’t go.  Folks with huge deductibles.

Rich people don’t give a damn as they can afford it.

Very poor people don’t as you can’t get blood from a stone.

I'm not even making it a class thing (even though it is). Or a gubment or freedom or whatever thing people want to make it.

Universal health care, by which I mean healthcare that everyone can reasonably access, is the best system for limiting societal damage from infectious diseases. Period.

• Like 4